Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello lads .

Just had a play with a bmw 235i . Totally blitzed it .let him catch up twice and easily pulled away .

So there ya go lads .seriously it was nothing against the isf .this was over a 5 mile road too .

Destroyed he he bet he takes it back to bmw lol .

Hello lads .

Just had a play with a bmw 235i . Totally blitzed it .let him catch up twice and easily pulled away .

So there ya go lads .seriously it was nothing against the isf .this was over a 5 mile road too .

Destroyed he he bet he takes it back to bmw lol .

Quite suprised actually. The BMW is actually faster from a standstill. I think it must have been the extra horses from rolling or perhaps the 235i was too unstable?

Give it a few years when they are out-of warranty, and people start sticking on the JB4/Procede/Flash tunes on the N55 engine. For £300-400 it'll hit just short of 400bhp.

http://burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_F_chassis_BMW_tuner.html

The BMW in-line 6 turbo unit in the 135/235/335/435i is a seriously under-rated by BMW to make sure they don't steel the lime light from the other in-line 6 turbo BMW, the M3.

The fact your can now pick up a early 335i N54 unit for under £10K (pre-08 cars had forged internals - there's a few in the US running close to 700bhp via hybrid turbos, but on stock internal and auto-transimssion with no issues), spend about £1000 on down pipe, remap, and air box , and hit a reliable 400+ bhp, makes them one of the best bargains around.

Mine hit 380bhp running just 14.5 psi of boost, but it had so much torque we couldn't get it to not wheel spin on the dyno. 400-420 was easily achievable with by turning up the boost limit to 17.5 psi.

Ofcourse the problem with turbos is heat, and reliability. There is a solution to that, bigger (more reliable turbos)....But next time you come across a twin-exhausted 135/235/335/435i, I really wouldn't be surprised if they match you for acceleration.

9417408998_57b104f8c6_z.jpg

If I hadn't sold my 335i, I would have gone down the aftermarket turbo route....I had it all priced out, £6.5-7K including install and larger dual competition level oil coolers, it'll match a stock GTR....But of-course if you up the turbo on a GTR, your into crazy land :msn-oh: But the N54/N55 engines in these BMWs are a real gem (all the stuff attached isn't), the new M3/M4 is using essentially the same block but with lots of extra cooling.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links