Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Light Mod

Hi All,

Wondering if I can have some help/support with a project im looking to undertake involving dash lights for my main centre console for the lexus Is200? I have many questions....

I have recenly changed all the spedo cluster bulbs from a kit i Bought off eBay from the standard orange to white - i am very pleased with the results. Now I have set my sights on changing the main centre console lights and from research, I can see that this looks fairly complicated.

If it resolves my query quicker - If i can pay someone to do this or be reffered to a place that can then great! But Im assuming my luck will not be so fortunate.

Im not really looking to change all the LED'S on the dash, such as switch button indicators and cigarette ligter etc.. Im simply looking to replace the back lighting in the centre console - for the heater dials and clock, the stock stero and the heated seat/ trackton buttons.

With the cluster bulbs i noticed an orange film covering the bulbs, are these the same in the central unit? is it possible to replce these "film caps" with white ones? Also if the center console bulbs have orange caps on also - what will it look like if i simply remove these caps - is it white light or yellow?
or if there are orange cpas on all of these is it possible to remove the caps and put a white light filter either on the bulbs or behind the dials?

As you can probaly tell im trying to avoid the dredded soldering Iron but if I cannot - ill have to try my luck.

What parts are the easisest to replace? I.e what parts of the centre console are plug and play bulbs and what can i not avoid soldering?

Does anyone have a guide to do these (most importantly the stereo) as im assuming this to be a mammoth task. I have attempted to find some layouts pics for this but not always very clear.

Help is very much appreciated thanks :)

I've just changed dash and heater/ clock bulbs, all easy enough didn't replace stereo as I replaced that, heater and clock builds are simple enough just smaller LED bulbs wedge type, all connectors are plug and play for Hester and stereo took about 20 mins tops to remove centre 10 mins for bulb change and to see if working and 10 to put back together just four bolts/nuts hold centre in and two if there there for vent

• 6 months later...

I've just changed dash and heater/ clock bulbs, all easy enough didn't replace stereo as I replaced that, heater and clock builds are simple enough just smaller led bulbs wedge type, all connectors are plug and play for Hester and stereo took about 20 mins tops to remove centre 10 mins for bulb change and to see if working and 10 to put back together just four bolts/nuts hold centre in and two if there there for vent

where and what type you got the bulbs post please

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links