Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake Shoe Shims/springs/clips

ChrisM

I have just had my Mark IV back from having rear disks and pads fitted by an independent garage.

The 20 mile drive back on Friday was sheer bliss after having the noisy exhaust repaired and the breaks overhauled all round

I have today, Sunday, just driven 340 miles with an annoying clunk at low speeds coming from the rear offside. I have had a look and found that there appears to be a shim or spring missing from the outside pad that holds it in place and stops it from moving, at the top of the pad and fits into a notch in the caliper.

This appears to have gone missing so that the pad is flopping up and down and clunking against the top and then bottom of the caliper. I checked the nearside and can see a spring/clip/shim on those shoes.

The sound goes away when I lightly depress the brakes as this prevents the rear pads from moving.

Can someone tell me the part number(s) for these parts so that I can order them and get them fitted when I return at the weekend.

I am going to hate travelling with this noise until I can get it sorted. Any diagrams or pictures of these will also be appreciated.

Try and look up the part here:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1999_LEXUS_LS400_UCF20R-AEAGKW_4707.html

put the part codes into google images as there are a few exploded diagrams available. Otherwise I'd go and see your dealer so you can look at the diagrams together to get the right part.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links