Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Htc One M8 Bluetooth Issues

blackbag

Got my new CT 200h - Advance today. Other than having a few difficulties getting to grips with the joysticky thing loving it - but I have one problem - my phone. It pairs and is stable when playing media but constantly disconnects during phone calls. The audio will return to the phone and the car screen informs the phone has disconnected, then after a few seconds it reconnects, then drops again 5-6 seconds later. The phone has worked fine on multiple cars and external Bluetooth devices. However - my wifes Iphone is stable during calls. So I guess its something to do with the phone - anyone have any experience of using a HTC One M8 with the CT200h?

Thanks - I assume there is a huge difference between the 2013 and 2015 Advance? I think I'm going to try and wipe the phone at the weekend and try again. It shows as compatible on the Lexus website.

A quick update, still planning on flattening the phone back to factory this weekend but have found that if I reset the phone before connecting it to the car phone calls are stable. I am not sure if its a question of time between resets that causes the instability or something I do on the phone between resets. Running it in vanilla mode for the weekend may reveal more.

What version of Android due you have on your phone? I test drove when my phone was on 4.4 & everything seemed fine, but having moved to 5.0.2 I suffered a few issues (different phone model to you). Having now changed phones again, finding the new phone with 5.0.2 seems quite stable (though rarely make or receive calls whilst driving to know for sure).

On android 5.01. Stability issues continue post factory reset. Not finding any solutions on the internet so it probably means a phone swap for me. Boo.

Try turning off message sync; I found that caused me the most problems (often causing more frequent memory leaks forcing a reboot).

Replaced handset to check it wasn't that, so got another M8 and it does the same thing. Oh well, looks like I need to swap to a new model, didn't want to as I have the Brodit mount for this one.....

My Samsung s4 played up with the latest update loosing voice tags which was a pest to redo. If a text comes in when streaming Bluetooth It stops playing even crashed the media until I restarted the car.

• 1 year later...