Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All 3 Warning Lights Lit Up On The Dash - P1386?

just got back from the garage who have fixed my bonnet as it wasnt shutting properly. thankgod!

got another problem - all 3 lights came on the dashboard over the weekend - check VSC, eng management and traction control.

Garage plugged the car into the computer and ran diagnostics, told me there is only one error code i.e. P1386?? Did a quick seach on the internet cant find any related posts on this code.

any suggestions/ideas or anyone who has come across this type of code and how did they fixed it?

thanks,

Comes up as a VVTI error?

I would take a look at the cam sensor wiring, mine got engaged with the sepentine belt a few weeks ago and threw a code with the Trac off and EML light on.

DTC -P1386 Injector for Exhaust Fuel Addition

Possible area's to Investigate for DTC error P1386

Injector for Exhaust Fuel Addition - stuck open

Fuel leaks - Fuel leaks in fuel addition injector

Supply pump - Correct fuel pressure cannot be fed to the exhaust fuel addition injector

Try disconnecting the Negative (-) terminal on the Battery for 1 minute to see if you can reset the error.code

The exhaust fuel addition injector is mounted on the exhaust port of the cylinder head, and low pressure is provided to the injector by the feed pump in the supply pump. This injector adds fuel by a control signal from the ECM.

This injector is used for two different controls: DPNR catalyst regeneration and nitrogen oxides (NOx) reduction. Under the DPNR catalyst regeneration control, the injector adds fuel to raise a catalyst temperature.In the other control, the injector helps the air-fuel ratio become RICH.
As a result, NOx in the exhaust gas will be reduced in response to the RICH air-fuel ratio.

post-48710-0-79490000-1430251061_thumb.p

Nice informative post Abdul, is that what they refer to as the 5th injector?

yes m8.

just adding to my previous post I've read on toyota forum that the D-CAT systems sometimes throws a wobbler so to speak and you will get the DTC P1386 error so worth just chucking a can of BG244 and some good professional DPF cleaner (Wynns Professional version is great Yellow label bottle NOT the purple crap) in the fuel tank and then drive it hard for 10 -15minutes. Worth a try fuel system might be dirty.. i hope you don't use the crap supermarket fuel. Highly recommend BP premium or Shell Vpower nitro.

I've been doing alot of city driving in the past month alot of stop/start journeys. I wanted to see if D-CAT system would regenerate itself ,when i took it on the motorway. I was impressed i got temps of 658 deg C and 500 deg C :). After the temperatures settled back down to around 250 deg C. i accelarated hard, i could tell the difference as it had alot of response in 1st and 2nd gear. I've got in the habit now on every fill up i put 5ml of Archoil AR6200, Once every 3 months Wynns Professional DPF cleaner and a can of BG244 after a yearly service aswell as clean the Egr valve. The Is220d is a great car but you need to look after it alot compared to other cars plus I don't do enough milage to warrant to have a diesel, not sure why i bought it in the first place :whistling: . I will be changing to a Is250 se-l in the near future. Had enough of Egr, dpf and 5th injectors lol ;)

post-48710-0-02185000-1430297327_thumb.j

Many thanks for the detailed post Abdul,

I am going to try the easiest option first to see if it works today, disconnecting the negative terminal on the Battery for 10 minutes. Just one question though, will it reset everything on the car for e.g. multimedia system sat nav etc or radio together with anything else that may need coding again? I am no expert so this is all new to me.

thanks,

Many thanks for the detailed post Abdul,

I am going to try the easiest option first to see if it works today, disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for 10 minutes. Just one question though, will it reset everything on the car for e.g. multimedia system sat nav etc or radio together with anything else that may need coding again? I am no expert so this is all new to me.

thanks,

Radio channels, clock and Bluetooth pairing will be deleted (I don't think satnav is affected). When Battery is disconnected the windows will not work from the driver panel so its a very simple 30 second procedure.

Follow this information provided by Matus:

1.switch on ignition to level 2 (do not start engine)

2.go with every window to the middle and back to the top.

3.This will "reinitialize" the windows. Don't ask me why this is needed...

Ok so tried disconnecting the Battery for a few minutes, and the engine management light has disappeared !!! happy with the result, thanks Abdul. But Check VSC and traction lights are still on? any idea why? quite odd as I have always seen people talking about all 3 lights come up on the dash at the same time?