Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting An Is200 Auto Cluster To An Altezza? Urgent

Weng

Hi guys

I'll be buying an Altezza from ROI with a KM/H only cluster. For my MOT I need a dual display MPH and KPH. I can't find any conversion kits with new dial faces, so I'll need to swap in a UK spec cluster from a Lexus.

Anyone know if it's a straight swap, even for an auto?

Kinda urgent, cheers!

Damien

Mine is a JDM import and was converted from KMH to MPH using some kind of electronic gizmo connected into the existing loom for the original clocks, a MPH sticker was put over the KPH and that was it.

The speedo doesn't as far as I know have to be dual specification mine just has single figures.

Not entirely sure but do they have to be converted? Mine was MOTd one year and the certificate stated the mileage as kilometers.

Swopping the cluster should be plug and play but not sure if the speed signal will still be correct for MPH from the ECU.

I believe it is a straight swap but never tried it myself so cannot be 100% confident. The speed signal from the transmission is always the same, the calibration is done in the instrument cluster/dial for either mph or km/h.

Update on this, and thanks to posters for the reponses!

I've used a label maker I had to make some little '10' '20' etc. numbers and have placed them on the current KM/H dial. This is all that is needed for MOT - Northern Ireland appear to be the only UK/Ireland MOT place enforcing this rule, but some European directive states that speedos must be dual display - especially import in NI I suppose because we have a road border with a EU KM/H country!

If I can get a Lexus IS200 cluster I'll try doing a straight swap and see how it goes - concerned that the mileage will be way off though.

My other option is to install a speedo converter / speed limit defender - it will make the speedo dial read in MPH, but the base line odometer (with 140,000km) will then start to read miles. So I'll have to have the awkward conversation when I sell the car 'it's not 150,000 miles, it's 140,000 kilometers plus 10,000 miles) !

• 10 months later...
16 minutes ago, Is3k.Lord said:

It should with no problem..

By the way, i have my MPH/KM Lexus cluster for trade. i want a KM Altezza cluster

PM'ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links