Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I am 5' 3" and have never suffered from any joint pain while driving. I picked up my nearly new IS300h Premier this week but have found my right hip hurts after about 20 minutes of driving. Is this a problem anyone else close to my height has experienced? I have the seat at full height (I need to do that in all cars). Thanks

Hi all, I am 5' 3" and have never suffered from any joint pain while driving. I picked up my nearly new IS300h Premier this week but have found my right hip hurts after about 20 minutes of driving. Is this a problem anyone else close to my height has experienced? I have the seat at full height (I need to do that in all cars). Thanks

I am the same height Ralph, but never had any problems with any of my cars EXCEPT a Mini I once hired for the weekend in 1972. The driving position was akin to that of a Bus Driver !

I have no problems with my GS450H, NOR DID i HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH the IS300H I borrowed when my car was recalled.

I think that you need to test extensively the various seating adjustments which are available to you in the IS and hopefully all will be resolved.

Good luck and do let us all know how you get on .

Regards

John

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if you cannot get to a position that is comfortable. With the premier you have control over the front and back of the seat base, try tilting either the front or the back down a little to see if that improves things.

• Like 1

It sounds like The seat is parallel to the ground so no support for your thighs. Try putting the seat up from the front.

Also, are you used to vehicles with offset peddles? the ones in the IS are dead on, might be a factor

It took me about 4wks of fiddling with the seat before I was happy, and I did have some pain to begin with, but that was down to my body adjusting to the new seat and position. Now it is perfect.

Benefit of Premier is you have 3 memory positions for the seat. I set mine up as close as I got to fully comfortable and then set it to 1, then if I got a bit of pain, I adjusted till I was comfortable then set to 2 and so on...... Now I have my perfect seating position. Need to wear it in like a new pair of shoes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I am glad to say I found the right setting. The problem was simply that my knees were higher than my hips; lowering the front if the seat resolved the problem.

Thanks for the replies. I am glad to say I found the right setting. The problem was simply that my knees were higher than my hips; lowering the front if the seat resolved the problem.

Pleased that your joint pain is now a thing of the past and that I guess you are enjoying your car more now.

now you have to find a cure for your insomnia.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links