Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning Regas

Description

r12 units with new product that requires little conversion

Hi fellow lexuns

I discovered some years ago that my 1990 ls400 had stopped emitting cold air when a/c was applied I spoke to a couple of auto aircon firms who did'nt really want to do the job as according to them it entailed allsorts of valve conversions and removing the old R12 so they could put in the new stuff that had been a requirement from approx 1994.

I was in the USA earlier this year and discovered a guy in California on the web who supplies a kit which includes the replacement gas the compressor oil and the valves that just screw on to the existing ports he even throws in the pressure gauge which guides you on how much you need to put in .The process is totally legal because this system does not entail exhausting any of the R12 left in the system this new gas mixes with whatever is in the system.

The whole kit including air mail from the states cost about $90 .when it arrived 4 days later it took just 20 minutes to install and you can freeze fish fingers in the car now.

The best way to locate the people who do this kit input (regas aircon in usa) on your search engine and it will throw up a few people,I found my supplier on u-tube using a similar search technique

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.