Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grill removal / replacement IS250

Description

Grill removal / replacement - IS250

Below is a guide showing the process of the removal of the front grill and surround for a 2007 model IS250

I purchased an ISF grill and modded it in order to fit the IS250 - I need to add a bigger logo I think but can do this by using the existing old logo

Once done I will post the final picture.

PICTURE 1 - the first step is to remove the engine cover (front one only, over the radiator on the front of the car) There are 11 poppers to remove and once these have been removed then the plastic cover can be lifted out.

PICTURE 2 - Next job is to remove the rubber seal around the top of the grill - this is held on with a few popper style tabs. Stretch the rubber so that it comes away from each tab. Easy job and once one has been removed you will see the process to do the remaining ones. Only take enough out to allow access to the grill (no need to remove all the seal from the car.

PICTURE 3 - Next remove the 10mm bolt that secures the grill and surround to the body. There is only one bolt in the whole process to remove so once this has been removed that's it.

PICTURE 4 - Next, two poppers on each side on the top of the grill need to be removed - these are a different style from the ones previously removed.

PICTURE 5 - The grill and surround will now be loose - remove the grill first as it will be easier to remove the surround later - by pulling up on the tabs shown in the picture (there are 8 of them) Loosen the two side tabs first these two need to be pressed inwards (towards the engine) then do the bottom 6 tabs (these 6 need to be pressed upwards). There is a centre one which just acts as a guide. The grill comes out of the surround by pressing it back towards the engine - you will be able to guide it out easy enough without removing the surround.

Once the grill is of, as in picture 5, you will have the option to remove the grill backing and add to the new grill (if you are fitting one) ... Choice is yours. I have not.

PICTURE 6 - shows the front of the car with the grill removed

PICTURE 7 - This shows a close up of the front of the car with the grill removed - I am not fitting the grill backing cover to the new grill but it can always go on after if required.

PICTURE 9 - This shows the removed surround and tabs that you need to lift to remove if from the car - it is attached to the bumper - there are 8 in total (6 on the bottom and 2 on the sides) Start by doing the sides then the outer tabs on the bottom. Once you have one loose then you will realise how to do the others.

PICTURE 8 - This shows the grill removed - the tabs that were earlier removed from the rubber seal can now be removed from the surround. They are only popper type. Once removed then put them back into the rubber seal. Doing this then its just a case of popping them back into the surround once re-fitted.

PICTURE 10 - This picture shows the new grill loosely fitted into the surround to give an idea of what it will look like with the chrome surround. I have decided to paint the surround as I think it looks better matched to the car. I have also decided to replace the badge with a bigger one as I think this one is a bit small. Job for next weekend.!!

PICTURE 11 - Picture shows the tab locations in the bumper - also a good indication of where these tabs are matched up to - two tabs (not shown in the picture, but in previous pics) are the two on the side of the surround. Easy job to put back in. You can put the grill into the surround first and pop them both back together at this point but I done it the way shown.

PICTURE 12 - This shows the grill fitted back on the car - I do plan to replace the badge at a later date with a bigger one.

The last two pictures are a before and after - personal opinion but I think this is a good mod.

BEFORE -

AFTER -

Extra Fields

General

• Time Taken?
    40 minutes
  • Tools Used?
    Size 10mm socket / small headed flat screwdriver
  • List Parts Used?
    Grill
  • Difficulty Level? 1-5
    easy

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yep its been a problem since the site update.

OP's can't get in and edit their own posts....sorry

You could try this one