Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Poor Battery Life And Now...

23 hours ago, Herbie said:

Yes, the solar panel I linked to above. It works with either natural daylight or artificial lights from underground car parks - probably not as well, but it does work.

I'm assuming you have a jump start battery pack, which is the thing you refer to as "a portable remote charger boost" that looks something like the picture below? If so, then no, there's nothing like that that you could keep connected because the battery in that would just go flat like your proper car battery does.

You've only got four options:

1. Access to mains so that you can use a trickle charger
  2. Solar panel
  3. Battery goes flat and you use a jump start battery pack when you get back.
  4. Disconnect negative terminal from 12V battery and put up with having to reset windows, power locks etc.

batpak.thumb.png.4b1e9e5af311ce665f74902bc9f5f9a1.png

Many thanks for the reply. Not sure what to do here.

What exactly is needed to reset windows, power locks etc as I know that when I return from my trip one way or the other the Battery will be gone? 🙂

If you cannot leave the vehicle for two weeks or less without the Battery going flat then replace it as it has lost capacity, which only gets worse each time you flatten it.

If you regularly leave your vehicle for more than two weeks then consider fitting a larger Battery, or get a solar charger to help out.

If you only make short journeys then you aux Battery may never get fully charged so worth giving it a charge before you leave it for a long period.

Check your insurance policy before you leave it with a disconnected battery/no alarm.

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

If you cannot leave the vehicle for two weeks or less without the battery going flat then replace it as it has lost capacity, which only gets worse each time you flatten it.

If you regularly leave your vehicle for more than two weeks then consider fitting a larger battery, or get a solar charger to help out.

If you only make short journeys then you aux battery may never get fully charged so worth giving it a charge before you leave it for a long period.

Check your insurance policy before you leave it with a disconnected battery/no alarm.

I do every day a journey of 20 miles to work (40 miles total) with highway for most of the time (engine working).

I believe my Battery it's already at the end of life and probably it will have to be replaced at the anual maintenance in October, but till then I wanted this one to last... 🙂

it was working fine (2 weeks was not enough to have issues starting the car). Now it seems that 2 weeks is already too much so I'll just hope it doesn't get completely drained in 3 weeks so when I return at least I don't have to reset windows, etc... 🙂

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how to lock the car after disconnecting the Battery or should I lock the car with the trunk open, disconnect the Battery and then close the trunk?

Also, can I open the trunk with the key after returning home in order to reconnect the Battery?

Thank you all,

Bruno