Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Usb And Bluetooth

Andyajb

Hi all I own a 2008 is250 Sr which has no Bluetooth or usb is there anything I can buy to be able to play music through a usb stick rather than replace the head unit ???

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

hi, do you have an aux in port? If you do then you can get a Bluetooth adapter which accepts a sd card as well as audio via Bluetooth from your phone. If you search belkin aux Bluetooth on amazon it'll show you the one I got, bit but that is Bluetooth only. There are other variatvariations which let you use USB / sd

This DIY thread of mine might interest you: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/70947-diy-bluetooth-music-streaming-using-a2dp/

Did it back in December 2010 and still working very well. I use it as my primary source of playing audio. CD's and DVD's are too much hassle. This way i just manage my playlist on my phone.

And here is my video from then showing how it works:

I have a 2010 220d luxury, have read that it is supposed to have a2dp support and have usb, but it has none of that. Have mounted a aux Bluetooth adapter, but that worked terribly as I got a bad alternator whine. Is there no way of making this work. Was hoping to install a ivic, but it doesn't support my car model.

I have only got the standard system not the nav system cheers anyway for the reply!!

Whether you have satnav or not, if i'm not mistaken your car should still have the 3.5mm auxiliary jack in the armrest, this allows you to use the Bluetooth A2DP gateway.

I have a 2010 220d luxury, have read that it is supposed to have a2dp support and have usb, but it has none of that. Have mounted a aux bluetooth adapter, but that worked terribly as I got a bad alternator whine. Is there no way of making this work. Was hoping to install a ivic, but it doesn't support my car model.

That's a known ground loop issue with some is250's and 220d's. Lexus published a fix that is free under warranty. if out of warranty, buy yourself a Ground Loop Isolator very cheap on eBay, that should solve the problem.

I have only got the standard system not the nav system cheers anyway for the reply!!

Whether you have satnav or not, if i'm not mistaken your car should still have the 3.5mm auxiliary jack in the armrest, this allows you to use the Bluetooth A2DP gateway.

I have a 2010 220d luxury, have read that it is supposed to have a2dp support and have usb, but it has none of that. Have mounted a aux bluetooth adapter, but that worked terribly as I got a bad alternator whine. Is there no way of making this work. Was hoping to install a ivic, but it doesn't support my car model.

That's a known ground loop issue with some is250's and 220d's. Lexus published a fix that is free under warranty. if out of warranty, buy yourself a Ground Loop Isolator very cheap on eBay, that should solve the problem.

Is there a walthrough on how to do that? As mounting a ground loop isolator usually deteriorate the sound quality.

Is there a walthrough on how to do that? As mounting a ground loop isolator usually deteriorate the sound quality.

I haven't had ground loop issues on my IS250, i've been running the A2DP method as main source of audio for 4 and half years. I can only assume only some models are effected. I did however have random Ground Loop issues on my RX450h and fitting an inline Ground Loop isolator like one similar to this seems to have solved the issue. Quite a few people on youtube and my blog messaged me about the ground loop issue and similar inline ground loop isolators seems to have fixed their issues too.

I got one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Smartphone/dp/B00EAEWA82/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431976687&sr=8-2&keywords=bluetooth+aux

Connected the aux and charger in the armrest and placed it on the dash.

You can get a flat aux cable and flat charger cable online for a few quid each so the armrest can still close easily.

Fixed in a permanent position, and one button press after I turn the car on and it connects to my phone and plays audio through my speakers very clearly, has a good quality built in mic to allow for hands free calling. Set this up with a windscreen mount for my phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whistler, it's the standard se, I just fixed a Bluetooth adapter to the left of the gearbox and that's it. Hands free works great, no complaints from anyone. As well as playing audio thorough the car speakers for music. Combined it with a good quality windscreen mount and can play music from my phone to the car speakers as well as the sat nav at the same time.

Ive installed a Dension Gateway BT lite in to my 2006 IS250 SE. Very pleased with it, works well, listened to music via Bluetooth on a 2 hour trip no issues (Iphone 6) also uses the existing steering controls for next prev track, answering the phone.

I installed the mic in the dome light where they would normally be and have been told that they cant tell I'm on a Bluetooth car kit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dension-GBL3AU2-non-text-Bluetooth-Interface/dp/B008LVWC9M

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...