Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So today I took the old GS450h for a long drive from south Wales to Manchester and back. Took in a mixture of roads including motorway, dual carriageways, towns. Delighted to find when I parked up on returning home that I achieved a very healthy 40mpg. I am mostly in low 30s. Also only used just about half a tank of petrol, Quite pleased to be honest.

However..... on my journey home I had a warning appear on the dash. I pulled over and consulted the manual and it seems to be something to do with the tyre pressure monitoring system. As the manual just said to fix it as soon as possible and not to stop driving I carried on the trip home. All tyres are fine pressure wise so just wondering if anyone has any experience of this before I take it to Lexus and receive the usual extortionate bill. Many thanks!

post-35781-0-28886000-1431549653_thumb.j

post-35781-0-52375700-1431549682_thumb.j

Sounds like a great drive. I'm averaging low to mid 30's at the moment (even tho' am still at the stage of enjoying the loud pedal) so am looking forward to seeing what a long run gives....

It might be worth re initialising the system (manual page 458) to see the fault clears, and/or Battery disconnect; otherwise it could be an iffy tyre pressure monitor on one wheel which I suspect is where the Lexus dealer has you caught!

Will be interested in hearing how you get on - am sure I will be dealing with same at some point...

Good luck

Hi, I also get early 30s mpg average, but have seen 41mpg on a run when feathering the throttle and minimal break pedal use.

I had the same message about the tyre pressures. Power the car on (without brake pedal, I think) then press the tyre pressure initialise button for a couple of seconds and the dash shows a tyre initialisation message. A few seconds later, it should be ok.

The button is under the dash above the brake pedal. As Michael says, just consult the manual.

• Like 1

I get 29 mpg driving short journeys around town and 38 mpg on long runs to Edinburgh.

These are brim to Brim figures NOT the on board computer which often shows 40+ on long runs.

All in all I am delighted as I have never had such a quiet and satisfying drive in any of the cars I`ve had.

Happy motoring indeed.

Regards

John

Just tried to reset the tyre calibration thing as per the advice on here and also consulting the maual. Power on as instructed however nothing whatsoever happens when I press the tyre reset button. Held it in for ages and still nothing. Trip to Lexus it is I guess

Shame :( as a check found the full procedure which is:

1. turn car off and lock it.

2. open car back up, press the power button just once to turn on Battery only (no foot on brake pedal)

3. hold down tyre system button until it bleeps/display changes

Good luck

Ok I have spoken to Lexus on the phone about this. They think it could be related to the rear DVD system that I had installed last week as the tyre pressure fault has kind of coincided with them fitting it. Lexus say it sounds like it has perhaps confused the BCM and they want best part of £60 to put it on the diagnostic machine for starters. Unfortunately the firm that fitted the rear DVDs are from up North and I don't really want to go all the way up there if it is something simple. Plus it is not even guaranteed that it is related to the installation even though it is very coincidental. Advice very much appreciated. Thanks!

I would still read the codes first before going to Lexus.

If you don't have a code reader, there are plenty of options out there for just a few pounds, then you will always have a reader to use whenever you need to. An ELM327 Bluetooth interface (eBay £6) and a Torque app for android (£3) will cover most of your needs.