Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

More car troubles unfortunately, everything was running perfect until I suddenly got this juddering the whole car was shaking as if it didn't have enough diesel, lack of power too.

Anyway after getting home I parked up and got mil light a long with traction light, code read and come up with P1238 Injector, any idea's where to start please?

Car is very well maintained and shell performance diesel always used.

Thank you

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Perhaps a little more information, I assume you have a 220d or a 200d seeing as you mention diesel, what year and mileage?

Early indications suggest a problem with the fuel injector on no.2 cylinder.

Hi,

Sorry I have a is220d, late 2010 model. It's I got it put on tech-stream software and it's come up with P1238 Injector, when looking at the live data for the 4 injector feedback values, one of them seems to be stuck with a value of 5.0 the rest change as I press gas or idle.

Could this be a faulty injector?

Thank you again

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 4 years later...

On my Lex is220D (engine 150K) got code P1238 in pending. Car sluggish and misfiring.

Thought it might be EGR inintially as they are prone to it getting carboned up. 

Put into tank 500mL of Wynn's  G (Gold) which is about half the cost above BG245 but essentially the same

stuff. Ran it on load and idle for a bit, you will see puffs of blue'sh smoke coming out, now runs a treat.