Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just taken my IS250 for a nice run down to Paris last week (from Bournemouth) and I was really pleased with how well the car performed as a long distance cruiser, and with the MPG figures. I know I pulled these figures from the computer so the actual figures will vary slightly but as a ball park figure I'm very happy with that. Not bad for a 2.5 V6 auto anyway!

post-50044-0-45838400-1431959404_thumb.j

This was from leaving Bournemouth with a full tank early in the morning and arriving at the Euro Tunnel in Folkestone.

post-50044-0-64225900-1431959405_thumb.j

This was the result of the average for the whole trip there and back (including sitting in a bit of traffic around the outskirts of Paris). Only used a tank and a half there and back :)

I also had the fun job of cleaning the bug graveyard from the front of the car when I got home, probably mainly collected from the excellent long stretches of French toll roads I used!

post-50044-0-17906000-1431959405_thumb.j

They are good on long runs - that's some serial killing of bugs !

+1 the IS250 is definitely good on long runs. I drove down to Inverness Scotland and got 41.4mpg. In summer 2013 I drove down to Germany and was getting around the 43 mark. Key is to be calm on the throttle. In commuting traffic, i'm getting aroud 24.1ish.

thats very good, I have not taken mine on many long runs, I got late 30s when I last went to Ireland but my foot might be a bit heavy, I get around 20s around town which is what I do most.

Yes unfortunately it's the around town part that lets it down. I tend to get in the mid 20's around town. All in all though, I don't think it bad for the engine size etc and as a complete package it's a really good car considering what you get.

Thats great fuel economy. What was your average speed?

Around 70-80 most of the way. I think the average speed thing resets when you start the car? I'm pretty sure that was saying 68mph at one point.

I managed 540 out of the tank last year (with fumes to spare) on a good run up to Scotland and back - managed to do it all motorway in virtually no traffic - I got to thinking how much I could get out of the tank on the way up so I took it as far as I dared and was surprised how far I got - I wouldn't do it again though, I know its possible now so there's no need but its quite interesting to see how good they are on long runs.

If I can remember rightly it wasn't long after I had serviced the car and changed both the fuel/air sensors.

One thing I have noticed is that with a lot of motorway use the range automatically re-sets itself stating that you can go further but when you revert back to town driving it lowers itself.

post-35349-0-69360100-1432070937_thumb.j

Pretty good Steve, my car only seems to return about 25mpg around town although I suspect the wife and her heavy right foot are bringing the average down slightly when she drives it! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links