Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yeah it's from Lexus Leeds. They didn't mention anything about finance or cash. It was just to secure the slot . I'm trying to work out pricing according to US prices and then get a very rough idea.

My uncle in Boston, Massachusetts ( prices vary from state to state) has been quoted $73000 for a new RX . He hasn't told me the exact spec. That equates to around £46-47000. So £70000 sounds like BS or someone is completely delusional!

Yeah it's from Lexus Leeds. They didn't mention anything about finance or cash. It was just to secure the slot . I'm trying to work out pricing according to US prices and then get a very rough idea.

My uncle in Boston, Massachusetts ( prices vary from state to state) has been quoted $73000 for a new RX . He hasn't told me the exact spec. That equates to around £46-47000. So £70000 sounds like BS or someone is completely delusional!

RX450h is $47k starting price there. Over here its £45k. Therefore the £70k sounds realistic if he's been quoted $73k.

If this turns out to be correct then I will wait for a demo or look at the Cayenne S E Hybrid again. I was hoping for £60-62000 for the Premier.

One of the main reasons I chose Lexus was for the first class warranty which can be extended to 5 years.

Porsche charge extra for the 3rd year and any further extension is going to cost a fortune. And their servicing charges are eye watering.

I don't want to own a diesel engined car again and I love the refinement of the NX.

Original plan was to buy the GS450h. But with the absence of options on the UK version and the massive depreciation I decided against it.

I'm really hoping the 2016 RX will be the car for me. With this pricing, the answer is no.

Ridiculous price if correct, and far more that I expected. Ex-demo definitely the way to go. Re Volvos - Well the looks of most cars are subjective. I have friends who hate Lexus, and think the NX is hideous. Personally I like the looks of the V60, but understand the brand has a rather unwarranted "old person" image. However, safety and reliability are first class, but they are another example of a car manufacturer with very odd marketing strategies. Customers in the States complain bitterly that models like the V60 hybrid aren't sold there, and even though Volvo have a large and loyal following, they refuse to meet the demand for their cars. Odd lot the Swedes.

My uncle stated that his US dealership has been truly excellent . In the US the RX is classed as a " soccer mom" vehicle. But over here I don't see many "yummy mummy's " driving the RX. They mostly drive the old RR Sport with naff personalised number plates.

My wife has suggested she takes over the NX and I buy something else. But I want a SUV due to my height and having two cars of similar nature doesn't make sense. The NX was ideal just for me. Not obnoxious, refined and great dealerships.

Porsche Cayenne..... Well .....

My uncle stated that his US dealership has been truly excellent . In the US the RX is classed as a " soccer mom" vehicle. But over here I don't see many "yummy mummy's " driving the RX. They mostly drive the old RR Sport with naff personalised number plates.

My wife has suggested she takes over the NX and I buy something else. But I want a SUV due to my height and having two cars of similar nature doesn't make sense. The NX was ideal just for me. Not obnoxious, refined and great dealerships.

That cayenne hybrid will easily go way over £70K. Doesnt even come with privacy glass lol.And they don't give discounts no matter what. Not to mention they have crazy service prices. You basically pay for the badge.

As for the GS, it's going to be refreshed soon with LED headlights standard on F SPORT models

Wouldn't be the first time! But I think the pricing is accurate. Spoke to my uncle in Boston again this morning to confirm ( that he heard it right) the price from his dealership. The dealership he uses is one of the most profitable in the north east US. The senior management have apparently been given the prices and specifications. How true or false this is, I have no idea.

He is adamant that the top spec car will cost him $73k.

The reason he has been given a price is due to him being a "legacy customer ".

Damn £70K is a lot of money!!

Although the current RX Premier with all options costs £60k fully loaded. Perhaps they gave you a fully loaded price? Including bits you possibly don't want or need?

If £70K is true for a fully loaded premier, an F sport will prob cost about £65k. Ill be grabbing a 6 month old one I think. It'll be like £50k, it'll drop like a rock if theyre gonna charge that much

Wouldn't be the first time! But I think the pricing is accurate. Spoke to my uncle in Boston again this morning to confirm ( that he heard it right) the price from his dealership. The dealership he uses is one of the most profitable in the north east US. The senior management have apparently been given the prices and specifications. How true or false this is, I have no idea.

He is adamant that the top spec car will cost him $73k.

The reason he has been given a price is due to him being a "legacy customer ".

Update - Lexus UK did promise to get back to me and they have! They basically said that the price may be incorrect as nothing has been released yet to dealerships, apparently they dont know the price themselves.

They asked for the invoice, I removed your receipt number and sent the one you posted and we'll see what they say.

Good stuff. Let me know what the say when they get back in touch.

I would like to know if anyone placed a deposit last year for the NX before confirmed prices were released. As I recall around 700 deposits were placed before the prices were released. And when they placed the deposit did they receive a full order form or just the deposit receipt.

Good stuff. Let me know what the say when they get back in touch.

I would like to know if anyone placed a deposit last year for the NX before confirmed prices were released. As I recall around 700 deposits were placed before the prices were released.

And when they placed the deposit did they receive a full order form or just the deposit receipt.

Lexus UK are getting their knickers in a twist lol. They certainly aren't happy so that could mean 2 things - either the price is right and its been released before it should be, or...... that Leeds have just made up a random number or added VAT on it twice!

Leeds have taken 5 deposits for the RX allegedly.

Someone's in a pickle if the price is right!

There'll be a few people who back out once that invoice goes to them hahaha!

Lexus UK say the price will be coming soon. Around July time.

That timescale coincides with what the dealer told me re full specifications. All a bit weird!

Yes it makes sense.

Usually Lexus release full specs and prices at the same time so it should be around July then. Hope they got the price wrong lol! It would be impressive if they managed to keep the Premier at £62k or under.

The £62k for a RX is what I've budgeted for as I alluded to in a different thread. Anything over and I'm not interested. I've said exactly that to the dealership.

Will now have to wait for a firm response in the coming months.

If it doesn't work out then I'll be keeping the NX and extending the warranty. Lee789 has done this for an extra £795 for two years.

The £62k for a RX is what I've budgeted for as I alluded to in a different thread. Anything over and I'm not interested. I've said exactly that to the dealership.

Will now have to wait for a firm response in the coming months.

If it doesn't work out then I'll be keeping the NX and extending the warranty. Lee789 has done this for an extra £795 for two years.

Im definitely buying an RX F-Sport as long as the options I want are configurable. However i am also waiting on a firm price

The only thing is, even at £62k compared to £70K, in 3 years it'll be worth £27k at most if trading in. That's £35k in 3 years!! :O. Might just buy a 6 month old ex demo as it'll save me a good £15k

I paid £54k for mine, it's probably only worth £25k if trading in.

Financing would work out much more expensive due to the interest alone and I prefer to buy cars outright but we'll see

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either way I'm going to be shafted.

If I trade in for a Porsche Cayenne Im going get shafted on PX. If I px with a Lexus dealer, I'm still going to be shafted albeit to a lesser extent!

I decided to go the HP route with an independent finance company tracking LIBOR. Paid 58% upfront and the rest being tracked. Although above £50000 it doesn't make financial sense for me doing it this way.

So demo will be the way to go for me. But this creates problems as it won't be the the spec I want. So its about comprimising which I loathe😝

With the RX though, the spec is good so you don't have to search for too many ex demos with the options you want.

I think I may be wanting the panoramic sunroof this time as the RX won't be getting changed for a good 6 years or so so Id want most options on it if I'm keeping it that long

That cayenne hybrid will easily go way over £70K. Doesnt even come with privacy glass lol.And they don't give discounts no matter what. Not to mention they have crazy service prices. You basically pay for the badge.

As for the GS, it's going to be refreshed soon with LED headlights standard on F SPORT models

I love Lexus. Have had quite a few of the range including the previous and current RX. Can't wait for the new one in fact - especially in Sport guise. However, I've been running a Cayenne for the past few years now. OK it's a dirty diesel model but the servicing has been cheaper than the RX! Consumable items such as tyres and brakes have also been cheaper than when I was in the RX (I've now done just under 100k).

The Cayenne is a very accomplished car and would certainly recommend it. Borrow one for a weekend. Look beyond the badge and you may be surprised :)

Did consider a 450h with a panoramic roof, but was put off by the fact that it robs rear passengers of a couple of inches of headroom. I have two teenage sons, and they found that they could not sit up straight without their head rubbing against the lower ceiling required to store the electric blind.

I love Lexus. Have had quite a few of the range including the previous and current RX. Can't wait for the new one in fact - especially in Sport guise. However, I've been running a Cayenne for the past few years now. OK it's a dirty diesel model but the servicing has been cheaper than the RX! Consumable items such as tyres and brakes have also been cheaper than when I was in the RX (I've now done just under 100k).

The Cayenne is a very accomplished car and would certainly recommend it. Borrow one for a weekend. Look beyond the badge and you may be surprised :)

Hmm my brother in law has one. His servicing costs are crazy - £500 for one service - £600 for front brakes etc. Although he does have the Cayenne S petrol. If I was wanting a Porsche - it'd have to be the Cayenne petrol (not the S version) which is plenty quick enough for my driving which is mainly in town.

My ideal spec would be Palladium/Garnet red seats and the 21" wheels, of course with everything up to RX spec including LED lights, entry and drive, reversing camera, privacy glass, panoramic roof, laminated glass (standard on RX), sport design package without side skirts, active suspension management, auto dimming mirrors, seat heating, side airbags, porsche NAV, voice control and bose sound system.

Racks up £71k and finding that combination would be impossible to find too.

As for servicing costs my RX is on a service plan for £999 with included benefits which I use anyway and would be more expensive for me to buy separately. Without benefits i was quoted £650 for 2 minors and a major and £700 for 2 majors and 1 minor.

^ This 100%. I specced up a S E Hybrid to my exact spec and it came to £76540 . Have to pay extra for Bluetooth and 3rd year warranty. I mean seriously wtf?!

Had a very short test drive today and this thing is seriously heavy. Weighs nearly 300kgs over the standard one. Average mpg for the 45 minute test drive was 35.5mpg ( Leeds city centre, M621 and then back). The dealer said he had fully charged the car.

Also the delivery date quoted for an individually specced car is ....... May 2016. Maybe he knew I wasn't committed to buying so wasn't really bothered. The lead time for a Macan is even worse.

Will now wait till July for full specs and pricing. Then its either a yes or just accept the whining kids in the back!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links