Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haha hate sonic T but what the hell lol

I've got a tracker on mine. Think it was £600 altogether including lifetime subscription. It saved me £200 in the 2nd year and lowered insurance by £50 each year after. It doesn't work out cost effective but my insurance company refused to insure the car otherwise and it would have cost me more in cancellation and buying separately

This morning I saw a new, brown RX450h on the back of a transporter travelling north along the M3 and exiting at junction 6 (going to the Reading dealership maybe?)

Not a colour that I would pick, but beautiful nonetheless, with real depth to the gloss showed off by the sun (sun! - remember that!?) shining on it, and actually not as dark as I was expecting it to be after seeing pictures online.

• Like 2

Lexus Leeds have been sold again! From Lookers to the Vantage Motor Group, who also operate Lexus Birmingham.

What happened there then?! Lexus Birmingham price their cars quite well so would be good to see if Leeds can do the same. They also seem to have funky colour combinations so it'd be useful to get Birmingham cars down to Leeds I guess lol

Last year Benfield sold their Toyota/Lexus (Wakefield & Leeds) dealerships to Lookers. Apparently Lookers offloaded these sharpish at the end of December 2015. So no idea what's going on. I gather the Brum dealership is quite big, if not THE biggest in the UK. I could be wrong.

Last year Benfield sold their Toyota/Lexus (Wakefield & Leeds) dealerships to Lookers. Apparently Lookers offloaded these sharpish at the end of December 2015. So no idea what's going on. I gather the Brum dealership is quite big, if not THE biggest in the UK. I could be wrong.

I think the Hedge End one is bigger. It's got a huge forecourt and im pretty sure the Lexus UK press cars are held there and all the Lexus model guides on the Lexus UK youtube page are set there

Rumour has it that's where the LFA sleeps

I believe Hedge End is at or near the top in sales volumes... Not sure about size. No LFA there though, sadly

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I believe Hedge End is at or near the top in sales volumes... Not sure about size. No LFA there though, sadly

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Im sure the LFA is there. They've got it in one of their warehouses with the other press vehicles at Hedge End.

I think Hedge End is near the top in sale volumes but weird enough Lexus Chester, Stoke and Stockport are at the top for customer service!

Autoexpress did a comparison between the RX, Cayenne Hybrid and Volvo XC90. No prizes for guessing who came last?! :yawn:

However, whilst I was looking at the figures - it appears the Cayenne is like £73k and the XC90 was tested at £67k whilst the RX was £58k.

And...... something I wasnt expecting... although the RX has a slower 0-60mph time, it absolutely destroys both the Porsche and XC90 from 30-50mph and from 50-70mph i.e useable, real life speeds. 

30-50mph - XC90 (3.6s), Cayenne (3.0s) and RX (2.8s)

50-70mph - XC90 (5.9s), Cayenne (4.6s) and RX (3.8s)

Something else which I found very odd. The test was clearly based around efficiency yet the Cayenne did 22.8mpg and came 2nd (their argument being that they didn't charge it enough wtf?) The RX got 26.9mpg (I assume they must have had it in Sport mode and ragged it as I get 30mpg in normal day to day driving)

• Like 1

If that's the XC90 Hybrid the figures may be misleading.  The Volvo can accelerate up to approx 75mph on electric power alone, and drivers can select between electric only, engine only, and both power sources. I've driven the XC90 Hybrid and it is a phenomenally fast vehicle, as well as being much more fuel efficient than the Lexus or Porsche. I'm wondering if Autoexpress timed 50-70 on electric power only, as that is the default setting for the car. Engine power on the Lexus and Porsche comes in earlier, so might explain the poor 50-70 figure for the Volvo. With the POWER button selected on the XC90 it simply flies between 50 and 70, although I wouldn't buy one because it's far too boxy far my liking.

I'm disappointed that Lexus didn't go down the plug-in route with the RX. That would have been ideal. In all probability if they had then the RX would have been in line for the £5000 grant. The Cayenne doesn't qualify for it.

The Cayenne should not be compared with  the RX imo but against the Range Rover/RR sport. I don't know why these magazines do it!

5 hours ago, lee789 said:

If that's the XC90 Hybrid the figures may be misleading.  The Volvo can accelerate up to approx 75mph on electric power alone, and drivers can select between electric only, engine only, and both power sources. I've driven the XC90 Hybrid and it is a phenomenally fast vehicle, as well as being much more fuel efficient than the Lexus or Porsche. I'm wondering if Autoexpress timed 50-70 on electric power only, as that is the default setting for the car. Engine power on the Lexus and Porsche comes in earlier, so might explain the poor 50-70 figure for the Volvo. With the POWER button selected on the XC90 it simply flies between 50 and 70, although I wouldn't buy one because it's far too boxy far my liking.

The Autoexpress feature used the 2.0 diesel XC90 in the comparison, not the T8 Hybrid.

I couldn't find the in-gear times for the XC Hybrid, but the diesel XC90 0-60 time is 7.8s compared to 5.9s for the hybrid, so that give you an idea of how much faster the Hybrid Volvo should be from 30-50/50-70.

5 hours ago, lee789 said:

It was the diesel being tested. Volvo charge an extortionate amount for the T8. Whatever it gains in mpg it'll lose twice in depreciation anyway due to its starting price

Looking at the MPG on the XC90 diesel I can't understand why they didn't just go for a V6 Diesel. The Q7 does 30mpg and it's a V6 with alot more oomph

I just read the AutoExpress review as posted above and I can't believe how screwed up/skewed the reporting is.

For example, on their comparison chart of facts and figures, NONE of the cars were tested at the bog standard spec for list price, so they all had extras fitted, many thousands for the Volvo and Porsche but only around 1k for the RX (who's basic spec leaves the others for dead!). So the next thing they do is work out depreciation on list price for basic spec models which puts the Lex into second place *behind* the Volvo! WTF!

In the REAL world, when hunting for a used motor, you never go for the lowest spec so these models always suffer on the used market, plus you're are then not comparing 'like for like' specs - just ridiculous.

Also, was at our local (Poole) Lex dealer yesterday and they are still selling the line about how Lexus have never had a car returned due to Hybrid power train issues which I feel is a total lie, even if they are very reliable on the whole.

23 minutes ago, ChrisKaye said:

Also, was at our local (Poole) Lex dealer yesterday and they are still selling the line about how Lexus have never had a car returned due to Hybrid power train issues which I feel is a total lie, even if they are very reliable on the whole.

My local Lexus dealer told me there is a big waiting list for the 2016 RX. Ermmm no there isn't!

Like the old joke about car dealers. How do you know when your car salesman is lying? When he starts talking!

3 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

My local Lexus dealer told me there is a big waiting list for the 2016 RX. Ermmm no there isn't!

Like the old joke about car dealers. How do you know when your car salesman is lying? When he starts talking!

There obviously isn't, maybe in the US but not here. Each dealer has sold maybe 1 or 2, maybe 3 at the most.

How would you know if there is / isn't a waiting list???

Was at my dealer again this morning, trying to get a recurring parking sensor issue fixed. They now have a sonic T demo (Premier) and a black/black F-Sport in the showroom. A blue/cream 450h was being prepped up for a customer.

F-sport looks nice Rayaan... ;-)

(They also have a new, metallic red (not mesa) RC300h. Nice "in the flesh" and fantastic colour.

37 minutes ago, DanD said:

How would you know if there is / isn't a waiting list???

Was at my dealer again this morning, trying to get a recurring parking sensor issue fixed. They now have a sonic T demo (Premier) and a black/black F-Sport in the showroom. A blue/cream 450h was being prepped up for a customer.

F-sport looks nice Rayaan... ;-)

(They also have a new, metallic red (not mesa) RC300h. Nice "in the flesh" and fantastic colour.

I asked my dealer lol - he said there's not really a waiting list as such - not like the NX anyway. The Sonic T demo with black leather is at every dealer. The Black/Black F-Sport is the RX200T demo which will take years to sell! lol.

Lexus Birmingham (Vantage group) are listing their RX F-Sport for £54950 so £1k+ off list price as it has the HUD, Pan roof and protection pack.

Lexus Bolton just tried selling me an RX450h F-Sport in Graphite Black with Red leather, ML, HUD and panoramic sunroof for £54k. I think thats £3k off list if im not mistaken.

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lexus Bolton just tried selling me an RX450h F-Sport in Graphite Black with Red leather, ML, HUD and panoramic sunroof for £54k. I think thats £3k off list if im not mistaken.

Did they give an indication on the value of your RX as p/x?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links