Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, 7 Fan said:

Woodford

Interesting! Woodford had no deals on the RX last month when I bothered to check. I have a feeling they might be needing some extra sales before the end of the month!

25 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Interesting! Woodford had no deals on the RX last month when I bothered to check. I have a feeling they might be needing some extra sales before the end of the month!

Guess im lucky

Well it's the easter holidays and I've got a few days off to spend with the fruit of my loins 😡.

Anyways, I rang Lexus Reading about their RX Premier up for sale for £52k ( big discount on new). I was kindly informed that the car was sold but they had the exact same spec on a different car for £59k. Erm... Can I have it for £51k? No!

How do car dealerships bloody work? I just don't understand it.

9 minutes ago, RXJasonRX said:

Never heard of that. But you gotta be prepared to go and test drive as soon as you see the car for sale, otherwise other folks get in there first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've already test driven it. Do they want face to face interaction? If so why bother advertising it. 

Didn't realise Jason Gregory was at Leeds. He moves around alot between Bradford and Leeds. 

He gave me a good deal on the RX back in 2004! Even delivered for free lol

14 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Didn't realise Jason Gregory was at Leeds. He moves around alot between Bradford and Leeds. 

He gave me a good deal on the RX back in 2004! Even delivered for free lol

Yes, he is the sales manager there now. I think Vantage moved some of their staff in. I think Paul Thompson has moved on.

Having read the manual, I can find no way to disable the alarm, for ferry trips etc. On my 2012 450h there is a button with the roof switches. There must be a way to turn the alarm off on this new model?

On 30 March 2016 at 7:40 PM, mick4545 said:

Having read the manual, I can find no way to disable the alarm, for ferry trips etc. On my 2012 450h there is a button with the roof switches. There must be a way to turn the alarm off on this new model?

yes, there is an intrusion and tilt sensor-off switch on the roof-light console

7 minutes ago, mick4545 said:

Thanks for that Rozza. One more if I may. In EV mode, can you apply more accelerator force before the engine cuts in than in normal mode?

Hello Mick 4545

It really depends on the situation .... but on the whole, yes, you can apply **slightly** more accelerator force before the the engine cuts in but the effect at best is marginal and barely perceptible in some situations. Let me explain:

• In EV mode and in crawling traffic, with little stop-start to the traffic, where the car is 'rolling',  it seems to accept slightly more accelerator force before dropping out of EV mode. This seems to be the best use for EV mode because it will stop the engine from continuously stopping and starting every 5 yards or so
  • If you are sat at the traffic-lights say and engage EV mode (i.e. normal, gentle, pulling away situations), you'll barely notice the difference in throttle setting/pressure; you can keep it in EV mode if you are **very** ginger with the throttle
  • if you are already rolling say 10mph with a light load, then engage EV mode, then it is slightly less likely to engage the engine upto say 30 mph (I've had 40!) but still has a propensity for the engine to cut in at very mild acceleration .... typically less than 5-10% of throttle

Throw an incline (even a slight one) into the mix and that can make a difference either way. Get to 50% Battery and below and it will drop out of EV mode with even the lightest of throttle setting

The crux of it is that it depends on the 'load' on the engine that you are asking the batteries to substitute for... the car on batteries doesn't really like any load. Typically, the engine will start as soon as you want to pull away...if you back off the throttle when rolling, then you can keep it running on batteries (EV mode or not) if you have a very light touch on the throttle. I dont know if the other Lexus Hybrids are the same as this or whether it is because the RX is so heavy

Hope this helps!

Regards RozzaLux

1 hour ago, mick4545 said:

Thanks for that Rozza. One more if I may. In EV mode, can you apply more accelerator force before the engine cuts in than in normal mode?

Im confused at this one - do you mean eco mode or EV mode? EV mode is manually selected using the button but Eco using the rotary dial on the 2016's

28 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Im confused at this one - do you mean eco mode or EV mode? EV mode is manually selected using the button but Eco using the rotary dial on the 2016's

EV mode

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links