Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B****y H***l

Well, I really do love my IS300h but her indoors has got me seething a bit this morning.

Enjoying our usual stroll along the seafront with the dog today, came across a very very nice 60 plate RX450h in Black parked up. I pointed it out to my wife and she said that she would rather that I had bought one of those instead of mine.

When I asked her why, she said that mine was an 'old mans' car and that she was prepared to bet that the average age of an owner of the 300h was probably between 60 and 80 years. I am a smidgeon short of 75 myself but, she doesn't class me as old as fortunately, I am a pretty active person. The good lady is 10 years younger than me by the way

As a result of this, I am wondering what is the average age of a 300h owner?

Anyone prepared to chip in?

Geoff: Having asked my dealer exactly the same question after the 300h had been on the market for about a year,

I got a very precise answer: the average age of private customers for the 46 units he had sold or leased up until then

was 44.3 years. The area we are talking about is in Northern Italy, mid-to-high income and mainly industrial. Not

long afterwards, I mentioned this figure when chatting to a Lexus dealer in the Paris area who said it sounded about

right for him too. I wouldn't think the overall European figure inclusive of the U.K. differs much. Another comment

was that customers for the 300h tended to be younger than for the rest of the Lexus range but not by so high a

margin as to have met the company's promotional aims at launch, which were to extend its traditional aging

customer base to lower age-groups, meaning, I would guess, <40.

Wife is getting one soon, shes 44 :) . But then, she is getting the F-Sport, I think trim does make a huge difference as to how the IS looks

Im 47 - I drive an RX450h :P

47 here and waiting for a new F sport in September. My wife calls the Is an old mans car, too. She wanted me buying a Mercedes A class...

• Like 1

I'm 65 too but I'm not allowed another Corvette, having been rescued from the last one, upside down in a water filled ditch. :)

Sounds like you gave-up too easy!

I did buy another but spent a long time restoring it and sold it before it was finished. I have nowhere to park another car here but one day. :)

47 here and waiting for a new F sport in September. My wife calls the Is an old mans car, too. She wanted me buying a Mercedes A class...

LOL the A-class is far inferior than an IS300h. You made the right decision - the plastics in the A-class are awful!

• Like 2

I'm 62 and today is my first day of official retirement.. My wife who is couple of years younger announced after the last visit to the Lexus dealer that she loved the RX and thinks I should look for another job so we can get one. Now looking for something in Mogadishu..

• Like 1

I'm 24 and about to become the proud owner of an IS300H in Atlantic blue. Considering I chose it over a Golf GTI, Audi A3, BMW 3/4 Series and others in my shortlist, it went from "something to look at just in case" to "this is the one for me" after a two hour test drive. Cannot wait!

Just on another note, wanted to thank you guys on this forum for all the information, I used it a lot to aid me in my decision and it proved invaluable. Thought it best to sign up and mention it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's an old man's car because old men have the wisdom, experience and pocket to chose vehicles that are well-designed, well-made, reliable and offer effortless, comfortable, high-quality transport. It's the motoring equivalent of a fine bottle of wine and a meal in a 3-star restaurant and not 5 pints of lager and a take-away curry.

• Like 1

52 here. Hoping to move to an old mans car (GS) next week. My wife's favourite car that I owed was my modified Toyota GT86. One day I will own some form of Lexus RC so that'll please me and her. Apparently RC300h is coming January 2016.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links