Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I am very confused with SR and Sport.

I recently drove a 2008 Sport. loved it.

I will skip the story for now...

SR 2008

does it have a sport suspension ?

does it have auto adjusting steering wheel like sport?

does it have dimming rear view, LED brake lights, auto adjusting side mirrors on reverse?

is it low profile like the sport?

does it have the traction off /etc /sport button like sport version has ?

does it have hid rain sensor

I know they have sat nav and ML audio..

what does it lack?

what should I look for when buying a used 2008 SR?

thanks all.

From Lexus blurb

New Lexus IS 250 SR

13/5/08

Following in the footsteps of the Lexus IS-F comes the new sporty IS 250 SR. Designed to bridge the gap between the IS-F and IS 250 Sport, the SR offers a full body kit and 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels, aluminium pedals and scuff plates and heated front seats as standard. Other standard features include 10 airbags, climate control, cruise control, smart keyless entry and engine start and sequenced LED interior lighting. Powered by a 204bhp 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine, the IS 250 SR will accelerate from rest to 62mph in 8.1 seconds (8.4 with the optional six-speed automatic transmission) on to a top speed of around 140mph. The IS 250 SR is on sale from 19 May priced from £24,990 for manual and £25,800 for the automatic.

Those ad boys...they do like to sing it up a bit don't they?

Reading between the lines it looks like a base model tweeked up with the GFX kit. Think it has fabric seats though as std. But like all these things the first buyer can up the ante with upgraded options. So the final spec can differ. Looks like it was a Lexus ploy up trying to perk up sales...perhaps prior to the launch of the facelift version in 2009?

Sel doesn't have body kit and that what attracts me. so Lexus ploy is effective. doll up Base and sell it...

my ideal car would have been SEL with BODY KIT and Sat navigation ML and 5 Spoke wheels 18inch.

The SR I am looking at now has sat nav with ML and body kit... would you guys recommend SR ? It will be my first Lexus. someone suggest me I should let go the gmiick and stick with Lexus for its reliability. .

Nothing wrong with SR with ML set up, has it front and rear sensors? The reverse camera is integrated into this unit.

The SR won't have Hid bulbs or auto mirror, wipers , memory seats etc but it's the same reliable is250 at the end of the day.

from the picture I can see square marks on front bumper and it does have a reverse camera. it seems to have projector lights so doesn't that mean it's HID ?

I cannot confirm the features and hence relied on this forum rather than see the car in person...

this is what confuses me:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2008/05/cars/lexus/is/sporty-new-lexus-is-250-sr-announced

SR model is based on the IS 250 Sport, but Lexus claims it adds £3,500 of equipment while costing just £1,000 more than the Sport.

For those who want an even sportier look, 18-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels are available as an extra.

Inside, features include 10 airbags, climate control, cruise control, keyless entry and engine start and LED interior lighting.

Sporty touches include aluminium scuff plates bearing the Lexus brand name, and pedals with a racy design.

Heated front seats and a leather covered sports steering wheel and gear lever are also fitted as standard.

The Lexus IS 250 SR is available in black, grey and silver and it goes on sale from 19 May for £24,990 with a manual gearbox and £25,800 with an automatic.

If its a sports car you are after then its not the Lexus band you need to look at ...

If its the image of it being "sportier" then I would go with the SE-L - in keeping all the "goodies" you can add a spoiler, both front and back for around 250-300 and any wheels you wish to the car to give it a sportier look.

You haven't stated what model year you are looking at but you cant go wrong with the spec of the SE-L

A subaru legacy 3.0R might be worth a look, if you want a lovely n/a engine in a rare saloon.

SE-L is a very nice place to be as mentioned.

This is what you get

auto Adaptive HID lights w/wash jets

Auto wipers

auto dimming mirrors

memory seats (both sides)

heat/cool seats (both sides)

smart entry/keyless go

all them airbags, knee/curtain etc

ML gives you 14 speakers (3 on each door and subs on front and back)

Electric blind at rear

Heated front/rear window

17" alloys standard

parking sensors f/r

thats about it, most cars have no where near this much level of kit.

thanks all.

at the moment I have a choice between a sport that had everything I need but has no service history and would need some work done. the other option is SR which has nothing I hoped for (since I drove the sport one first ) but ha's a service history (I haven't seen the car myself yet)...

the other option is to wait for SEL or wait another year for F Sport 2010 price go come down and get an F Sport 2010...

A subaru legacy 3.0R might be worth a look, if you want a lovely n/a engine in a rare saloon.

SE-L is a very nice place to be as mentioned.

This is what you get

auto Adaptive HID lights w/wash jets

Auto wipers

auto dimming mirrors

memory seats (both sides)

heat/cool seats (both sides)

smart entry/keyless go

all them airbags, knee/curtain etc

ML gives you 14 speakers (3 on each door and subs on front and back)

Electric blind at rear

Heated front/rear window

17" alloys standard

parking sensors f/r

thats about it, most cars have no where near this much level of kit.

Sorry I know this is my OCD speaking here but although the Mark Levinson Stereo does have 14 speakers he arrangement and speaker type you have quoted is wrong. It has a set of 3 ways in the front doors, two speakers in the rear door 1 centre speaker in the top of the dash one sub on the back shelf with 2 surround speakers in the corners of the back shelf.

Jackcramerr, I would go for an SE-L and add the GFX kit. Just bear in mind that pre MY 09.10 SE-L cars were fitted with Mahogany coloured wood inserts which are not too all tastes. Post 09/10 cars had the option of a ash coloured wood which looks more modern, although this was specific to the seat colour chosen by the original owner.

The sport has HID bulbs but not memory seats , it probably has auto lights and wipers too but not certain. Some jaguars don't have Hid lights BTW.

Sport models came with memory seats/ mirrors and steering column but the seats were a velour material instead of leather and were only heated and not cooled. Other than 18 " wheels and grey / metallic plastic interior inserts the spec was similar to an SE-L model. So HIDs auto lights and wipers were also standard. I don't think they came with the rear blind though.

The fuel injectors can be noise on that engine model, although that does seem a bit extreme. Worth making sure it the injectors and nothing more serious - ideally use a mechanic's stethoscope.

If it is just one which is much louder then it may be worth getting it changed, if they are all noisy then probably not worth the expense if you can live with the noise.

Wow - that's noisy

They do tap a bit but that's loud - whats the mileage of the car?

What damage could this do if any - will it just be a case of a failed injector, misfire maybe or possibly limp mode?

88,000. it's a 2008. Service record is kept bad. called lexis and service history is rill 2010. then dealer says the owner has used his trusty garage. when I first called dealer the guy said there is only one stamp from lexis and no other. said it could be lexis has gone digital and perhaps don't stamp.

when I went to see the log saw 3 stamps from a garage and one from lexis. I can call the garage if they have any record.

if you notice if I close the bonnet the sound can't be heard so much and nothing can be heard inside...

what do you guys think. ... is this car too bad?

other things I noticed was the rear brake pads were near done and the brake disc has rust... which suggest brake isn't working. when I started the car I saw brake warning on sat nav telling to go for service.

air conditioning was not working.

there is wear on front left tire inner side and and font right tire outer side.

strangely it has passed not with advisory for slight rust on rear disc brake.

there was water in the front right fog lamp and was rusted. I think the car had been in some accident but not sure how severe... seems the front bumper on right side was painted.

the engine covers did not have any of the plastic mounting screws. fuse box cover was missing. no Battery cover. mounting for engine plastic cover was broken so all the covers were just sitting on top.

wheels seemed to be pained again but poor job and not powder coated.

this is a 2008 sport and has 18inch with all the kit.

also what has it to do with oil change ? isn't this injector sound that everyone is complaining about for is250?

and isn't the fix to just redo the injectors or just replace them ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links