Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Post And First Isf

Hi to all.

Just received my 59 plate ISF delivered to my front door here in Lincoln, from LEXUS Cheltenham, With only 21k on the clock she's like new. Part -ex for my 58 plate IS250, which we also purchased for Lexus Cheltenham. Just sitting in the ISF I can feel the differance even with the 416 horses under the bonnet turned off. Looking forward to taking her out on the road later today.

post-50851-0-36304100-1433331424_thumb.j

• Like 3

2010 models have softer suspension? is this correct and it also has a LSD? I am figuring out what changes the 2010 has over older ones.

Also, what sort of miles you typically get in city driving, ie - full tank? !

Mechanical LSD and DAB radio in MY2010 cars. These are identified by the bottom of the steering wheel having a blue section and black switches around the nav screen. I believe the softer suspension was in the 2011 and 2012 model years.

April 2010 provided a Torsen LSD, HDD Sat Nav, DAB radio and USB port on all vehicles. White leather interior and mesh-design alloys were both no-cost options.

Oct 2010 provided Euro 5 compliant emissions, new shocks and springs to aid comfort, revised rear suspension geometry for improved stability, LED DRLs, slightly revised instrument cluster and some carbon fibre style trim details

April 2010 provided a Torsen LSD, HDD Sat Nav, DAB radio and USB port on all vehicles. White leather interior and mesh-design alloys were both no-cost options.

Oct 2010 provided Euro 5 compliant emissions, new shocks and springs to aid comfort, revised rear suspension geometry for improved stability, LED DRLs, slightly revised instrument cluster and some carbon fibre style trim details

Isn't it Oct 2011 for the DRLs and instrument cluster? My early 2011 doesn't have these and I always thought it was just a few months later they brought them in. The latest update also put the Sport button on the steering wheel.

Mines on a 11 plate with LED DRL, the sport button on steering wheel, big rev counter and white leather basically all the revised upgrades.

Andy I'm guessing yours is a MY 2010 but did not get registered in 2011?

The suspension is the only thing on my mind, I am wondering when in 2010 the modified dampers came in.

i guess you could easily just get coils in any event.

Isn't it Oct 2011 for the DRLs and instrument cluster? My early 2011 doesn't have these and I always thought it was just a few months later they brought them in. The latest update also put the Sport button on the steering wheel.
If your 2011 vehicle didn't have these changes then it was one that was ordered before Oct 2010 and was in a showroom unregistered for a period of time. I've found the original press release, attached.

2011-lexus-is-f-majors-on-minor-changes.pdf

• Like 1

Just got back from a trip to the petrol pumps, OH!!! dear we got diverted for 12 miles down the A46 dual carraige way, my son said what's it like in manual so didn't want to disapoint him.

Funny how these diversions signs just pop up :winky:

Wow!! she goes well when in 8th gear pulling +5K revs then dropped her down to 4th and slowly accelerated, slow ya right. Son was impressed so was I.

Any way arrived at Asda's pumps and put in more than initially intended to, but it was well worth it, the ISF certainly turns heads when you pull up :driving: :driving:

• Like 1