Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

(un)connected Services

Has anybody been having problems with their Premium Nav gaining access to the portal to download traffic info etc?

Occasionally I'll receive a failed to login message which normally clears itself after a day or by resetting the system. However other the last 7 to 10 days I've had a constant failure. I've tried resetting the system, re-entering my username/password, connected via Bluetooth and wireless but it still fails. I can still log in to the website so I know my username/password is still working.

Been fine here, my issue has been the quality of the data connection from my giffgaff sim in the car MIFI. It seems to have fallen off a cliff. So much so that having counted at least 20 "download cannot be done" messages driving back from High Wycombe on Thursday I've now dumped it and bought a 3 PAYG data sim. Roughly the same price for a 12 month bundle.

Never had to enter my username and password again though?

What firmware are you running? I was on F and have just updated to the very latest VC12102C yesterday at my service.

I have had a problem like that before and a full reboot of the nav system (press and hold the volume knob) cured it.

Is it just traffic updates that fail? Can you get to Google search, parking info, street view etc? Sometimes it looks like the traffic info server is down or not available, yet other things work fine.

I have had a problem like that before and a full reboot of the nav system (press and hold the volume knob) cured it.

Is it just traffic updates that fail? Can you get to Google search, parking info, street view etc? Sometimes it looks like the traffic info server is down or not available, yet other things work fine.

No it is everything and the full reboot hasn't fixed it :(

May have to do a complete factory reset on it. :angry: It really is a poor system.

No it is everything and the full reboot hasn't fixed it :(

May have to do a complete factory reset on it. :angry: It really is a poor system.

I have had it where on the old firmware, it stopped working completely after I had mucked about with settings and only a phone unpair/pair did the job. I've found if you were on Bluetooth tethered internet comms and changed to WiFi, or vice versa, it seems to get confused and then doesn't do anything anymore. Deleting the phone connection and starting again seemed to kick it back into life.

Thanks Steve, I had already tried deleting the phone and starting again. Whatever I do I just get the id=214 error when connecting.

Having spoken to Lexus customer service, who were completely useless and didn't even know what connected services was, I visited my dealer which resulted in my software being update from Rev G to the latest release. Still doesn't work and now I'm presented with id=0 all the time, but at least the whole system is more responsive (not sure if they have just sped up the animations or actually optimised the software).

I've submitted some feedback on the online portal, not holding my breath :angry:

Long shot suggestion......try reseting your password in the portal and changing it in the car, might reset the account etc?!?

It is poor that the error codes are cryptic and not explained anywhere I can find.

I've been putting that off but may have to give it a go. It certainly seems like an account issue.

It wouldn't be so bad if dealers knew what the error codes meant, but they aren't given that info and they also don't get any release notes so have no idea what the software updates are meant to fix.

I had a similar issue with mine, I eventually set up a new account and it works ok now, just need to sort out the crashing and inability to answer calls........................................

• 5 weeks later...

Well after some extremely poor customer service from Lexus, where customer relations would direct me to my dealer and my dealer would point me back to Lexus or they would ask me to try things that I'd already told them I'd done, I deleted my account. This obviously resulted in me losing the destinations I'd created but I'm now working again.

I had hoped that the issue would have been escalated up to the European developers and operational support so that the issue could have been identified and fixed so that others don't have the same issue however it seems getting out of the marketing department that is Lexus GB and into Europe is too difficult.

The Toyota side of the system has just been upgraded, my vehicle was registered on both Lexus and Toyota sides so their upgrade work may have triggered the issue. Having the vehicle registered on multiple accounts is supported but I'll just keep it simple for now to see how things go.

As for the error codes, even if there was a PDF/Manual available giving us a description. Being a computer techie myself, all it would say would be "Contact your system's administrator"...... But I am the B*%%$y Administrator! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links