Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Things

I've recently bought an X reg is 200 sports.

I'm not really into cars, but was offered this & all the car press said these were good, reliable, long lived motors, so went for it.

I like the car so far (although the MPG is on the low side), but have a couple of questions:

1. is there any way of reducing the car security. I find that I usually press the remote twice to lock the car (I like the lights going on to prove the closure),. But I have a dog who I occasionally like to leave in the car. After a couple of minutes the alarms go off.

If I pressed the locking remote button once, would that allow me to leave him in there without the alarms going off?

Or is there another way?

2. Is it possible to get some sort of roof rack for the car? And if so, where?

Thanks

Richard

I think one press locks it - I leave mine locked (one press) with the windows and sunroof open and it seems to be OK.

I think the second press activates the alarm and deadlocks, but I could be wrong...

one press will always activate the alarm. The operation is different depending on the year, the early ones always deadlock and I think the second press deactivates the interior sensor. With newer ones the second press activates the deadlocks and turning off the interior sensors involves a more complicated process.

Do a search within the IS200 forum, this has been covered many times.