Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reset Volume Control On Steering Column

willydoit

Hi all,

I have received a lot of info and help from members recently in my search for a sc430 and would like to redress the balance a bit. I couldnt find any reference to it in the forum so thought the following information may be helpful to others who may have an issue with the volume adjustment controls on the steering column not working correctly. Had this issue on mine for some reason and the reset below resolved it.

This applies only to 2004-2008 SC430

1. Insert the key in the ignition and turn it on to the ACC position. Within 30 seconds perform steps 2 and 3.

2. Press and hold the audio MODE switch for more the 10 seconds.

3. After releasing the MODE switch, press the channel up switch 3 times and then the channel down switch 3 times within 5 seconds. NOTE: Make sure you are pressing the channel buttons and NOT the volume buttons.

4. Turn the ignition switch to ON then to the OFF position.

Volume controls should now be working again 😀

Hope this is useful to someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Worked a treat, many thanks.

I have been searching for replacement steering wheel audio controls for at least 6 months but couldn't seem to buy them without the steering wheel - now not necessary!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A 5 year old thread but I’m new to the forum and finding my way round my recently acquired 2007 SC.

A brilliant fix for a frustrating problem. Worked first time. Many thanks

......... how did you get to know about this fix - is there a secret bible of really weird manoeuvres?

Many thanks again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, apcbbb said:

A 5 year old thread but I’m new to the forum and finding my way round my recently acquired 2007 SC.

A brilliant fix for a frustrating problem. Worked first time. Many thanks

......... how did you get to know about this fix - is there a secret bible of really weird manoeuvres?

Many thanks again

There are indeed a number of clever fixes and resets. This is always a good place to start the search. Some of it is buried in the murky depths of the owners manual and some of it can only be picked up from lurking in the dark corners of the various Lexus forums. 

Here's another weird thing. I've never understood why but after the steering wheel is extended to it furthest setting if you flick the switch several times more, the column will extend just a smidge further. I don't know if it's to get access to something or what, it just baffles me.

You can programme keys, reset window switches, reset seat controls, VSC, check engine lights, zero point calibration and lots of other cool stuff you may never need to know or use. 

No one knows it all, except perhaps Colin. 🙂