Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dab Radio Setup- No National Stations

I must admit, the DAB in the Lexus isn't the easiest to navigate.

Don't judge me but in my last car I listened to Radio X but my new IS would not find this in the found radio stations.

I fumbled around a while and stumbled across it while in the manual search mode.

As for signal, so far it's been flawless with no drop outs or loss of quality. (Cheshire area)

I've a journey down south in a week so I'll see how it copes with the location changes.

Tried with the dashcam unplugged, and the signal was much better, able to get stations on several networks, thanks again, Tony.

BUT....I don't want to lose the dashcam, and the plug is moulded onto the dashcam lead.  So it looks as though it's one or the other.

I must say I'm not impressed that using the ciggy socket wipes out the DAB, and obviously it's not only on my car.

Same findings, i moved the camera to other side of mirror away from lines in glass but not much difference.next option is to try camera in corner of windscreen or at bottom. Not ideal, but free to try.

Sounds like your plugs are causing interference ,  I have a twin usb adaptor plugged in, but had to change it as the first one caused interference ,  I too have a dashcam, but have hardwired another socket to the fuse box direct for it, and everything works as it should.

7 hours ago, wh05apk said:

I too have a dashcam, but have hardwired another socket to the fuse box direct for it, and everything works as it should.

I did this on my previous car, but as the Lexus is on lease, I didn't really want to start hardwiring.  Maybe a piggy back fuse might work, I still have the trailing female ciggy socket.

And thanks, Steve, but unfortunately the camera's not suitable to be repositioned, it's one featured on here a year or so ago, with casing shaped to match the windscreen mounted sensor to the left of the mirror.

Once again, thanks everyone for your input

malcolm

Malcolm, when I said hardwired ,  it was a piggy back fuse with trailing socket, which has the benefit of reducing wires trailing through the car, and frees the cubby socket (the only socket) for phone charging.

I watched a programme last night on BBC4 regarding the competition back in 1936 when two types of television systems were tested in London.

The first was a mechanical spinning disc system and the second used electronic cameras.

The latter system won and became the UK accepted standard which subsequently developed into colour TV in the late 60s.

Unfortunately when it comes to DAB the spinning wheel was chosen!