Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did You Do To Your Is 200/300 Today

1 hour ago, bullhorn said:

Passed,

73000 miles still drives and looks like new. 

137,000 and still drives like new.  And looks (almost) like new, now that I've had the wheels refurbed by Lepsons.  That diamond cut has never looked better.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll watch that later. No sound in my office. 

I'll have to keep an eye out for meets or shows but by how quiet this section of LOC is I guess age (of the cars) is against me.

BTW anyone know how to remove the door sills/kick plates? I've seen it mentioned that they just pop off but that's broken trim territory for me.

I organised an LOC meet last year, was a good turn out. I was the only one there with a 1st Gen IS, so i felt special!
There are a lot of meets/shows happening this year, I can keep you up to date if you want. I may organise another LOC meet for in a few months time.

The kick plates peel off, I believe they are just stuck down. Maybe use a heat gun to help ease them off.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing about future meets. My hands are a bit full with three kids atm but you never know!

Hmm. I think mine are clipped in because one is moving slightly and water is getting underneath. I will investigate further.

Today I bought my first LEXUS. I would also like to say goodbye to my 306 as it served me well for ten years and the poor mpg has me ready for my new car

so in at the deep end with a 2001 IS300, it’s a big step up, but the 100 mile trip home was worth every drop of fuel for the smile on my face

• Like 2

Yep it’s a very nice car, very quick, might have gone a little over 70 and past lots of Merc and bmw with the biggest grin on my face, unlike when driving the pug they didn’t try to chase me down.....

Hi all,

Cleaned & greased the front brakes on my is200-could tell they needed doing with the steering wheel woble at speed and the creaking sound when parking.

The slide pins were sized-used molykote grease, see how that performs. 

On 09/01/2018 at 3:54 PM, Dinho said:

I organised an LOC meet last year, was a good turn out. I was the only one there with a 1st Gen IS, so i felt special!
There are a lot of meets/shows happening this year, I can keep you up to date if you want. I may organise another LOC meet for in a few months time.

The kick plates peel off, I believe they are just stuck down. Maybe use a heat gun to help ease them off.

Dinho where are these meets organised through? Looks like there was a decent turn out on that video with some nicely modded IS's

10 hours ago, rob_clio172 said:

Dinho where are these meets organised through? Looks like there was a decent turn out on that video with some nicely modded IS's

The ones i've organised have been around the West Midlands, mainly near Cannock, Wolverhampton and Birmingham. Think there was about 9/10 of us there at that one. 

On 11/01/2018 at 7:40 PM, rich1068 said:

Excellent. Mileage? History? Any plans for it?

110k needs belts/water pump, mostly planning on not putting the back end out, rear wheel drive is a steep learning curve. Mostly It needs a good dose of tlc then once that’s done ill start looking beyond the ‘repairs’ stage. Any ideas on price for pump and timing belt changes (am hoping for a good quote from a private mechanic and buy parts separate) Lexus dealer nearly made me choke when she told me the price and what was an ‘extra’ 

I personally would get timing belt kit, water pump and ancillary belts from Lexus.  I know its dearer but peace of mind is worth a lot.  I've bought ancillary belts from eBay in the past and had to change them due to quality issues.  

Hi Alec,I have serviced my own cars for many years including my previous sport cross; I can assure you that your Lexus is a straight forward car to maintain ,find a small independent garage with a ' hands on' owner and you should have no problems . Lexus parts are of course good and dependable quality ,but I can also recommend Gates brand for timing and ancillary belts ,they are used as original equipment on some makes and are a bit cheaper

Dave

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi Alec,I have serviced my own cars for many years including my previous sport cross; I can assure you that your Lexus is a straight forward car to maintain ,find a small independent garage with a ' hands on' owner and you should have no problems . Lexus parts are of course good and dependable quality ,but I can also recommend Gates brand for timing and ancillary belts ,they are used as original equipment on some makes and are a bit cheaper

Dave

Appreciate that, have found mostly gates parts just need a garage now. Have become obsessed with trying to fix the hot air but that a whole other section and not for here....

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped out the high beams for these. 20 quid plus delivery from Autobulbs Direct.

CgaepGgl.jpg

Tried to do a bit of a comparison but it's not too clear. However, they are whiter and much better on unlit roads.

Before

Yn1A63al.jpg

After

gDi9NRul.jpg

Tonight I have had to put in the spare wheel at the roadside after wrecking front nearside on a horrendous pothole. Pulled in behind a Honda Accord that had done exactly the same thing! Things felt straight afterwards, so fingers crossed no suspension woes, although I'd be amazed of the rim hasn't got some hidden damage...

Try for a claim against the council before it's reported or marked for repair. I once got the price of a tyre, wheel and suspension work out of Sheffield City Council. Photos, an estimate and a polite letter and they just sent me a cheque!

[edit] Though advice here https://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/advice/pothole-damage-how-to-claim seems to suggest they have a get out if they didn't know about it [/edit]

• Like 1