Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did You Do To Your Is 200/300 Today

Is300, all belts changed, water pump changed, oil/filter changed, plus all sundry bits, purrs like a kitten, was a tad shaken on the drive belt area prior

about £450 all in, I sourced all the parts, all the fluids etc,  Very happy as Lexus wanted £500 just for changing the water pump and that’s without putting a new belt back on

On 30/01/2018 at 9:11 AM, rich1068 said:

Try for a claim against the council before it's reported or marked for repair. I once got the price of a tyre, wheel and suspension work out of Sheffield City Council. Photos, an estimate and a polite letter and they just sent me a cheque!

[edit] Though advice here https://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/advice/pothole-damage-how-to-claim seems to suggest they have a get out if they didn't know about it [/edit]

Claim going in tomorrow! I put 10psi in the damaged tyre and it was soon obvious it had a 10mm spliit in the sidewall. Got it replaced on Friday ad had the tracking checked; amazingly the front was spot on but the rear nearside (same side as the puncture) was badly toed-out. No wonder it felt like it was wandering a bit..

I let the LOC know how sympathetic Hampshire County Council are... 

A busy weekend but a quiet day at work so...

I'm currently a big fan of the Meguiars waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere so a quick once over this afternoon

wG9E23qh.jpg

W9QHArjh.jpg

My car's also a bit of a bus for the kids at the moment so I picked up some seat back protectors from amazon. Good fit and do the job (they actually look better than in the pic)

oJdYGoqh.jpg

Lastly, I thought my car was missing a bit of bling. I'd been looking for a decent tailpipe finisher but wasn't too impressed with what was on eBay. The 80mm diameter didn't help. So got out the metal polish and 15 minutes later...

bSHYMYIh.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just installed some US Blinker module and painted My side blinkers Black [emoji4]
Next up: 12000k Xenon in the fog lights, RGB Halo ring around the high beams and ofcourse the skyline tail light mod cd90adc80fd11ef9d81960e493966b09.jpg

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk

Finally got the new TTE badges (supplied by Gooseman) onto my IS 200. And I:
* Added an "Eaton inside" badge on the left side of the boot for good measure.
* Sprayed the calipers with about 5 coats of paint
** Manifold Orange as an undercoat(s)
** Brake Caliper Classic Red as the top coats

* The 18" TSW Cadwell mirror finish mags went on last year.

Now looks very pleasing but gives the game away when the WRX/Syliva driver is looking at the boot and wondering why? I love it!

Decided to do a bit of tinkering with the contrast and brightness of some of the photos using GIMP

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 3.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 4.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 6.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 1.2.1.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 1.2.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 2.2.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 3.2.1.JPG

J Ford Lexus IS 200 TTE - April 2018 - 3.2.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bullhorn said:

Hi all,

Oil and filter change today. 

Can't see how the oil filter can be removed without taking off the engine under tray. 

I think removing the offside wheel gives access to the filter - it's a bit of a pig to remove though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 8:39 AM, rich1068 said:

10 brake mod.

CJRkJE8l.jpg

iPH7hp0l.jpg

Back down to 211BHP. Someone pinched it. I hope their disappointment that it's not real carbon fibre is equal to my reaction this morning when I noticed it had gone!

• Sad 1

Not quite done but getting done. 

New OEM parking sensors getting fitted by Lexus Sheffield and wheels being refurbished as I type this. Both jobs should be done by the end of today so I'll post up some pics.

In the coming days (hopefully) I'm also getting the shopping trolley scrape seen to and some other bits of bodywork tidied up. Lexus Sheffield were happy to recommend a bodyshop for these jobs so well done them.

It took Gary at Lexus Sheffield a while to track them down apparently. (If anyone knows him you'll know this will have thrilled him :rolleyes:) I'd umm'd and arr'd for ages knowing the Lexus ones were near as damn it double the price but in view of the car's complete Lexus history I didn't want to cheap out.

While I was there I asked about extending the warranty for another year after August but it looks like it's a no as the car is approaching 16 years old. The only thing under warranty will be the parking sensors :biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rich1068 said:

...as the car is approaching 16 years old...

Zero confidence in their own products, absolutely shocking! 

Winters off? In May?! That's done it!

Keep those refurbs away from the kerbs, although it seems they have a magnetic attraction the more recent they are...:wink3:

14 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Picked up the refurb'ed wheels today too Glyn. They look lovely! Looks like the winters will be coming off again :biggrin:

Are they the five spoke with diamond cut?  I had mine refurbed at Lepsons a year ago - white worm corrosion already appearing on the diamond cut edges.  Depressing.  That particular alloy is so crap.  I'm going to get them done again as I can't stand seeing them like that, but this time no diamond cut, just powdercoat.

Yes, the five spoke ones that everyone seems to have. No diamond cut for me just shot blasted and powder coated silver. They look great and all for £180

55 minutes ago, rincewind said:

Are they the five spoke with diamond cut?  I had mine refurbed at Lepsons a year ago - white worm corrosion already appearing on the diamond cut edges.  Depressing.  That particular alloy is so crap.  I'm going to get them done again as I can't stand seeing them like that, but this time no diamond cut, just powdercoat.

Lots of horror stories I read on HJ website about the diamond cut alloys on Nissan Qashqai etc. Seems to be that a thin layer of lacquer just isn't just enough protection for wheel alloy in the UK's peculiar cold/hot, dry/wet. salty & stony road environment. That's said, Lexus OEM alloy seems (or did seem) particularly vulnerable, at least in OEM trim...

The diamond cut finish on newer cars is quite a thing at the moment isn't it? And almost without exception look terrible after a couple of years. My dad's XC60 is just the same.

My alloys are shocking except one which I’m guessing was the spare for a long while, but having seen how quickly they deteriorated when I first saw the IS in release I’m hopeful they are not going to get a whole lot worse. May get them refurbed but they drive me a to b and I can’t see them so meh for now

edit: should have said I also have to park next to kerbs every day (no driveway) and the plastic wheel trims on my old car looked like I’d taken a power sander to them