Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did You Do To Your Is 200/300 Today

Fitted a new grill which I sort of made myself, standard grill middle cut out and mesh bent and shaped to fill the space then I just plasti dipped it, it’s not perfect but for something I did I’ll take it as a job well done 1fd353a26c6d2ba31ff25abacd30d8dd.jpg
Then gave her a little wash but it’s in need of a good polish and wax which I’ll hopefully get round to very soon f971df6a391d6f38f4069c92c9b0e09c.jpg

could someone delete the other 2 post please I don't know why it came out three times, thanks.
Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I took it for an MOT.

42k mileage.  LS03 plate.

Failed on front tyres having metal coming through on insides!

Got two new tyres and all is good.

Same thing last year - metal showing through. I bought secondhand for front two last year and all was good.

This year same problem. I didn't think to check the inside as the tyres were good elsewhere.

So got brand new ones today.

No advisory notes again this year.

Why are the tyres wearing so badly on the inside? Only doing 3k miles a year.

1 hour ago, scudney said:

your geometry is out is the simplest answer I can give 

Thanks! I'll get the front tracking done.

all four will all need doing as it is a rear drive car and not all garages offer this service,it can also cost anything between £60 to £90

My RX is having a bit of a scrub up at the moment so I took the IS home last night and obviously back into work this morning. First time I've driven it since last week. Goodness me but it goes well :biggrin: I'm glad I'm passing it on to my father and not selling it. My wife even suggested it could be my eldest's first car. 7 years to go...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LS03 said:

Thanks! I'll get the front tracking done.

If you live anywhere near WIM (wheels in motion) get it done there.  The best alignment I’ve had done, they have IS200 specific custom settings that are perfect for the car.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:11 AM, rich1068 said:

Try for a claim against the council before it's reported or marked for repair. I once got the price of a tyre, wheel and suspension work out of Sheffield City Council. Photos, an estimate and a polite letter and they just sent me a cheque!

[edit] Though advice here https://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/advice/pothole-damage-how-to-claim seems to suggest they have a get out if they didn't know about it [/edit]

Bit of an update for any one suffering a pothole destroyed tyre: it's taken four months, but today I have received and email from Skanska (the pothole contractor in Hampshire) saying they will pay my claim.

Funny that they - or rather their insurers - admit no liability, but are paying me for a tyre and tracking. Presumably out of pure altruism...

Driving home from my son's place the other weekend I was appalled by the state of the A-roads in Oxfordshire, absolutely shockingly strewn with potholes. Berkshire was little better, so that when I got home to Hampshire I was actually quite relieved!

Fitted new mintex front discs and pads which feels a lot better now then fitted a cobra non res cat back exhaust and wow what a difference it makes in sound I love it, next will be an mot next week so fingers crossed it passes without a problem.

• 1 month later...

Mine's gone to Lexus Sheffield today for it's 16th service. A big one apparently £££. 60k on the clock.

I know many poo poo this but it's a special car, it's got full Lexus Sheffield history and I intend to keep it that way.

Clean bill of health apart from a leak from the water pump. The car's under Lexus warranty until August 8th. Told them to change the belt while they're in there :biggrin:

I replaced my radiator at 135,000 miles due to a little bit of crustiness at the top left, while I was in there I put a new water pump in but tbh the old one was tight and fine at that mileage.  

I'll have to get back to you with a definite answer to that as the car is now in storage because I'm away from tomorrow. Initial thought is no but it's literally half a mile from Lexus Sheffield to where I've parked up. The road the dealer is situated on has potholes everywhere so anything I heard in the brief drive back could have just been regular noises. We'll have to see.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Maybe time for a few updates on this thread maybe??

After a rear puncture on the M1 last week today I got my rear tyres replaced.  I went for Avon ZV7's as they seem to be a good all rounder. Only time will tell. I should of asked for recommendations here I guess.

I replaced the 215's I bought the car with at the rear with 225's they should be and it got complicated with the tyre fitters moving one good 215 from the rear to replace the worst one on the front. I wasn't sure but know now the rear rims don't fit on the front because of the different offset but bless them they sorted it out in the end. Happy to recommend National Tyres in Derby for their attention to detail.  

I plan to match to fronts up in the ne year.

I don't get to update on this thread anymore because my dad's driving it :sad:

So best I can do is say that today I probably whittled about where he's parked it or if he's managed to avoid kerbing it :sad:

13 hours ago, gb1600e said:

I went for Avon ZV7's as they seem to be a good all rounder. Only time will tell. I should of asked for recommendations here I guess.

No need to worry, I was very happy with them on my IS300. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just replaced the Bank 2 Sensor 1 Lamba, talk about an awkward location! Just about got it done with an offset socket, ordered a standard one at first but no clearance on top to get a bar or anything into it, far too close to the firewall.

Two more night shifts then planning to remove the decal stripe the previous owner decided to paste down the car & then replace all rotors and pads before MoT next friday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More of a "what happened this last week" kind of thing.

Removed the decal stripe from the car, came of very easily with the extension cable and mrs hair dryer. Kept my hands warm outside too! Looks miles better now.

Next day I went to start on the brakes and pads, got to the second locking nut and the key snapped, someone seriously over tightened the front drivers wheel, had to order a new set of locking nuts, wait for them to arrive, meanwhile I went to go pick up some 18mm sockets taking the locking nut I had got off with me for measurement. Got home and then cut the collars off the remaining three locking nuts, went to put on the 18mm socket forgetting I'd left the collar on the one I took with me, back to B&Q for some 17mm sockets!

After a relaxing brew I hammered the sockets onto the nuts and forced them off, back two came off fine but that front driver one took some force to crack off. Had to give everything a good clean whilst I was there, serious build up all over the place. One of the pins had started to seize on front passenger caliper, so re-lubed them all whilst I was at both hubs.

The locking pins on the rear calipers had both rusted in place, and due to the excessive wear on the rear pads the pins had bent slightly. Managed to get everything out and straighten the pins close enough to standard, will be ordering some fresh pins & hardware all round I think though. Didn't think to check if my new pads came with any first.

Never tried the CD player since I got the car, found some CDs and went to try it, wouldn't let me load anything. Took it out to find 6 CDs inside and some snapped pieces, I'm guessing the previous owner tried to have a fix and snapped part of the loading tray off as some of the screws for the frame were looser than the rest. Not sure if I'll eventually get another stock one or fit something newer in it's place.

Got everything back together & noticed the tread had gone on the rear tyres, this was late Thursday evening. Flew down to get two fresh rears but could only order them for late afternoon, had to shift my MoT to today. Just checked online and it's passed! Now waiting for a call to go pick it up.