Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Newbie Needs Guidance

WazzerM

Hi folks, Wazzer here, a new member. I'm considering replacing my Motability Insignia with a Lexus when the time comes (cpl o' months). I quite fancy the ls250 auto petrol. I will peruse this site of course but I wondered if any of ya would start me off with quickie hints - known issues, likely costs, which to avoid etc..

Anything appreciated

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Wazzer

I'm a newbie too and after having a disaster with the is220d went for the is250 instead and love it, though I did just get in the cheaper tax band with it being registered Feb 2006 (£290) after that I think they jumped up to £485 for the year, but the car is the quietest car I've owned and comfy too!

Crikey, what happened to your diesel? Thanks

There's a thread on here is220d blown head gasket , Evans halshaw sold it me with a blown head gasket ! Love the 250 though 😀

Hah, just read it, so veeeery familiar!! I had a Porsche Cayman S that turned out had scored bores so ...... back to dealer (non-Porsche) ................ major protracted saga worse than yours ............ I ended up having to foot half the repair bill or face a long court case (Sale of Goods blah, blah). So, learning from all that, IF I do go Lexus it will be from Lexus themselves. Have got my eye on this:

http://www.snowsgroup.co.uk/lexus/used-cars/4578588-lexus-is-250-se-l/

Glad yours is now sorted. No problems with it I take it?

Hah, just read it, so veeeery familiar!! I had a Porsche Cayman S that turned out had scored bores so ...... back to dealer (non-Porsche) ................ major protracted saga worse than yours ............ I ended up having to foot half the repair bill or face a long court case (Sale of Goods blah, blah). So, learning from all that, IF I do go Lexus it will be from Lexus themselves. Have got my eye on this:

http://www.snowsgroup.co.uk/lexus/used-cars/4578588-lexus-is-250-se-l/

Glad yours is now sorted. No problems with it I take it?

That's one nice car !

Ouch for half of the repair bill on the Porsche though 😖

Only had one problem on this and that was a brief flash of check vsc and red warning triangle but turned out to be Battery giving up,but the garage covered the cost for me as good will as the Battery is not covered under warranty. After driving a 3 series BMW then to this interior, it is like driving a plane lol

You will have to let us know if you get it !

Thanks

Did ya buy from Lexus?

No I ended up buying from a garage in Peterborough, he took me on a 40 minute test drive and put 6 months warranty on it, has FLSH and paperwork for anything that's been done so hoping things go better this time 😏

Hi wazzer i quite fancied that one myself , bought one more local same colour absolutely love it , as dexy says comfy well built quiet piece

of automotive had mine about 3 weeks puts a smile on my face every time. Not very common in york only seen 3 is250s, 1 gourgeous black 300

and a gold 460 i think. Mine is petrol same colour as the one you are thinking of buying its a bright silver , very nice. Have a drive you will love

it. Then buy it............

Hah, was beginning to think Dexy was alone, but now I've realised - you're all in Yorkshire hehe.

I've driven two so far and one, at Hedge End down my way, as just been reduced by over a grand. I fancy the SE-L with sunroof. I'd buy a Lexus warranty as I'm concerned about expensive repairs - and big fuel costs. Do you guys get around 30mpg??

Yes i wanted the sel as well but nothing around here, mpg depends how you drive short distance or motorway how fast etc. Not herd of any concerns on the petrol. Seems to be the oil burners.

I renewed front discs and pads on mine and rear pads all in 100.00 euro parts, best to buy any parts from germany not the dreaded vat.

What mileage the car done im on 51000 full history recent service at dealer before i got her.

Mines manual tax £290 and sport one with xenons, sat nav, ml stereo and memory seats etc, garage said if it's registered before March 2006 it falls into the cheaper tax ?

Just see what the emissions are and there's a list on gov.co.uk tax site and will tell you what it will be for year but I just got in before the £485 mark

I just don't understand the system. My wife has a 2003 1.4 Vauxhall Corsa, the tax on that is higher than it was on my 1999 LS400 with a four litre engine!