Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are Ct Seats Real Leather?

kwai168

Evening fellow owners,

Are lexus CT200h leather seats made from real leather or Vinyl?

and if leather or Vinyl how do you care for them?
I have the Autogylm leather cleaner and and the care cream which i used on my previous toyota car.

What model and year do you have?

I have the 2013 advance with Tahara which is fake leather. I think all the other models have real leather or cloth.

The Tahara is supposed to be better for the environment (and cow), but feels like leather.

I was under the impression all CT's have Nuluxe fake leather seats.

Honestly, the best way to clean them is exactly the same as leather seats - ie a damp cloth - no need for conditioners as leather has a protective coating on it anyway - use a protector instead.

If it gets really bad - id be using gliptone leather cleaner as its rather good. The Autoglym stuff sucks to be honest, doesnt get half of the dirt out.

If it says in the brochure its leather, surely it must be real leather not nulux fake leather? Otherwise they are describing it wrong and misleading people.

No idea - would expect it to be Nuluxe at that price point. Might just be an American thing.

Mine is wearing on drivers seat and dealer was shocked it had worm within 4 years. They said Lexus claim to have best leather on business.

Im now waiting to see if lexus will change it.

i am fairly certain that the real leather in a lexus is perforated

Nuluxe is also perforated though so that's not an indicator of whether it is or isn't real leather.

Regardless, cleaning real leather and nuluxe is exactly the same.

Leather wears quicker but leather cleaners work better on it. Nuluxe is more hard wearing but cleaners don't work as well for some reason.

What do you use to protect the leather?

You can use a conditioner to soften the protective coat on the leather but if you do that, you MUST stick a protector on the top of it as conditioners tend to stick to dust. Having a protector on top of the conditioner will stop your seats getting dirty to an extent.

Use something like Dodo Juice Leather sealant.

Adam how bad it is? Could you post a picture? Did you claim under extended warranty?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

DAYUMM! How many miles has that seat got on it?

Im on 30k, 3 years on my RX - no wear whatsoever. You been cleaning it well? No baby wipes right??!

My Ivory seats have done 30k now and are still like brand new (even with 3 kids), just wipe over with Dr Leather wipes once a month, can't fault them - same for steering wheel.

2412bef1220fd41aeea4dd46d070b4b8_zpscd84

54k and 4 years old.

It was starting to wear when I bought it just over 12 months ago. I only use leather cleaner and in cream form - not spray.

Pretty low mileage then! They'll just replace the seat. Owner before must have been rather large or going back and forth in his seat or something lol

Perhaps a previous owner or the infamous Lexus Cambridge spilt something or used an inappropriate treatment on your seat prior to the car coming into your posession Adam. Just a thought.

I drove a number of jaguars in the late seventies and eighties I drove a number of Volvos in the nineties and noughies and all of them had perfect leather throughout at 50,000 miles. Although our lexus has the cheaper fabric upholstery and am not able to comment first hand about Lexus leather, I am surprised that you have had trouble this early in the cars life.

It's in a position where a spill wouldn't have any impact. Think I've been unlucky.

I'm hoping they will change it under extended warranty.

Hi Adam

if you dont have any luck you could try this link ,i know it mentions audi but i am sure they would do the lexus colour if you asked

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-Leather-Dye-Colour-Restorer-for-AUDI-Leather-Car-Interiors-Seats-etc-/380387225212

It's in a position where a spill wouldn't have any impact. Think I've been unlucky.

You wont have any trouble - they'd probably do it even out of warranty if you complain enough.

You wont have any trouble - they'd probably do it even out of warranty if you complain enough.

lexus are as tight as a duck ar** i hadn't had my ct that long and i found the lacquer had started to peel off 1 wheel ,i took it back to lexus liverpool

i showed them the peeling lacquer and they arranged a time to have the repair done, when the repair guy was doing the wheel i had service come to

me saying they should be charging me for the repair as they found another dodgy piece of lacquer by a wheel hole but as a gesture of goodwill

they wouldnt charge me,i think they thought i should be gratefull to them at the end of the day it still had an issue that was down to poor painting.

just because you deal with lexus doesn't mean they will treat you well, they are only there to make money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links