Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Isf On Kw's And Linea Corse 818's

Thought is just post a quick snap of my Isf!

On kw v3 coilovers and Linea Corse lc818 19x10 all-round

ttp://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/nuts4wheels/FB_IMG_1434800382545_zpspyzpmmyn.jpg

For me the evora is more of an event and feels more special. Also, there is a tuning company in Ipswich (hanger 111) who offer the komotec kit options taking the evora to 390, 405 or 430hp.

Indeed. Needs to be 997.2 to avoid bore scoring issue.

Also there was a thread on piston heads (i now can't find it) had Porsche in the bottom 3 of 40 manufacturers who used an extended warrant policy over a period of time.

The scored bore issue made me back out of a gen 1 997 purchase too. I did no research and fell in love with it and left a deposit, my mate who is a massive Porsche fan, told me all about it, I rang a couple of Porsche dealers and they confirmed there had been issues so I walked away. Only way to buy safety is with a Porsche warranty in reality or spend more for a gen 2.

Evora is a good shout. always liked them.

And back to the OP, Julian that looks so good. Good example of how a simple change of stance and the right wheels making all the difference. Its perfect.

• Like 1

Yikes, this bore scoring issue is a little off putting!

Will have to save up some more pennies for a 997.2, in the mean time the ISF is a v nice place to be!

ISF is in for a service today, just had a phone call £372 for the rear pads.. crazy money, just debating whether to get an OEM set from the US at around £100, or some mintex/ferrodo or similar..

I told them that there was no way I would pay more than £150, just waiting for them to come back to me with a yes or no!

J

Indeed, bore scoring was the beginning of the end or me. I then started to realise the spec I wanted was almost non existent and a LOT of folk who buy new 911's can just addled them with maybe one or 2 options. So there are a lot for sale bit when you consider options you want the numbers fall away very quickly.

Stu

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm in France and I want to buy these LC818 wheels. I read on LEXUS US Forum that there are 2 possible setup :

Front : 19x8.5 ET30

Rear : 19x10 ET38

Another common setup is 19x10 ET38 all around like your. 

With this last setup, do you have to roll the fender?

Think I bought the wheels off @effordoff last year and use them for my winter wheels.

i used 255 / 35 / 19 bridgestone blizzaks all round , can't check as I'm on my hols!( but the same as the std rear) probably a size too small for the 19x10 but had not rubbing issues at all. Didn't have to roll the arches.

look great on the car

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, just to check before buying the LC818 in 19x10 ET38 at the 4 corners, I measured the distance between the outside of the rim and the outside of the fender: here are the photos to compare with the "tire rim calculator".

Front wheel:

n2s2.jpg
nax3.jpg

Rear wheel :
smls.jpg
3xz9.jpg

It's clear that the rims will come out of the fenders. In your opinion it's still good even with the rear fenders rolled?

@effordoff Just started a build thread section on the forum for those of us with an interest in not only modifying but maintenance, cleaning and general enthusiast type stuff on our cars. I am hoping it will allow a few of us who's paths don't usually cross on the forum due to most of us sticking to the sections specific to our models. Would you be happy for the mods to move this thread to the new section? They will leave a copy of it here also for those who are currently following your progress to find the new location. Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links