Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Damp Traction Issue?

PWOOD

Folks do you find it tricky to pull out briskly in the wet sometimes. What I am experiencing is when I accelerate the car moves fine then a split second latter the traction is lost when the cvt transmission or seems to catch up and all that Battery aided torque arrives. This is usually worst when its damp. I would like to add that I am not doing "full race starts". Tyre pressures help but dont eradicate it.

My previous car was a Honda CRZ hybrid which also had a similar issue with traction but that was from the instant the throttle was applied but due to being a manual it was easier to manage. I put it down to the hybids Battery assisting and dumping instant torque which is great in the dry but can be a pest when its wet and you are in heavy traffic at junctions.

Yes I have noticed this also. In fact I nearly posted a topic on it a few weeks ago but never got round to it.

When pulling out of junctions the front wheels slip easily. Think it is due to the instant torque from the electric motor. However I seem to catch it before the traction control does. It may happen less in Eco mode rather than Normal or Sport.

Does this tend to lead to heavier tyre wear? I did not have this on my previous non hybrid cars.

Had exactly same issues. I have changed tyres and that worked for me plus gained few mpg's (despite increasing the size from 215 to 225). OEM Yokohama tyres were one of the worse I have been using over last years.

Interesting comment about tyres as my CRZ had Yokos as well. Not much I can do about the tyres as they only have 6K on them. I recon Sport mode allows more wheel spin before the traction control cuts power which may be better. I wonder if IS300H owners have issues with traction despite being RWD.