Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sooo, I'm a newish 2007 GS450h Lexus owner, and have got a few error codes appearing on her :(

They are as follows:

P0031 - Powertrain
HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P2195 - Powertrain
O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean bank1 Sensor1

P2238 - Powertrain
2) O2 Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit
Low bank1 Sensor1

P0138 - Powertrain
O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Am I right in saying, these are all just a dodgy bank 1 sensor 1 (engine bay) and possible sensor 2? Is replacing them myself feasible? I'm from the UK so would want to import Denso sensors from the US (OE parts but way cheaper?)? I have to figure out the part numbers first, unless anyone here knows what they are?

It seems like a lot fewer people have embarked on this job with the GS450h than they have other models, so any advice would be amazing!

I doubt there is anything wrong with the downstream sensor 2, it will be affected by incorrect fuelling due to a problem with the upstream sensor 1.

Replacing the sensor yourself should be easy, you just need a sensor socket. Cannot say how easy it is on the 450h though. It certainly should be cheaper to import from the US compared to purchasing from a UK Lexus dealer. I've used Rockauto.com many times without any issue, I highly recommend them.

• 3 weeks later...

Gah, this replacement sensor is driving me nuts!

I've been trying to replace sensor 1 bank 1, but just cannot get any leverage on the sensor in the position it's mounted. I have used my smallest socket wrench with a specific sensor socket (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lisle-12390-Oxygen-Sensor-Wrench/dp/B001C6NE40), even putting a small wrench extension in, but just can't get any position which lets me apply force. Anyone got any tips for this removal?

Peace.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links