Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Wing Mirror Fault.

Hi all,

I have just noticed that my nearside wing mirror has stopped auto dipping when i reverse the car, i have tried to auto adjust by the switch but i can only get it to move up and slightly down.

Today it has started to work again, im concerned that it will stop for good soon. Does anyone have any tips or advice so i can get this resolved.

Thanks carl.

A mini-VCI cable off eBay (£20) and windows laptop with Techstream will allow you to test the wing mirror ECU (there's a computer module for each wing mirror, I kid you not!).

From the software, you can control the wing mirror without using the switch (rules out wiring issues or indicates a switch problem, if the software works for mirror adjustments) also it'll do a check of the wing mirror computer and show any associated error codes.

It is unlikely to be a broken door wiring loom, especially on nearside, so would start with the switches first.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

• Like 1

Do make sure that your mirror selector switch, the one that you use when adjusting the mirror, is set to either the left of right mirror, as if you have it in the central position this turns the auto dip off.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks,

Both of my wing mirror motors finally gave up recently - They stopped auto-dipping in reverse (with the switch in the correct position) and finally stopped adjusting altogether.

When I spoke with Lexus, I was advised that I had to purchase a whole wing mirror assembly (complete with glass) for c. £600.

I subsequently found out that you can purchase the Wing Mirror Actuator assembly separately. For those that are interested, the part numbers are 87908-48260 (LHS) and 87909-48260 (RHS). I paid £132 for each actuator (total price £264).

Took me around half an hour to swap both actuator motors and wing mirrors now adjust and auto-dip as they should do.

I hope this helps others out there.

• Like 2