Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do Lexus service centres have new EGR in stock ready to be fitted or do they have to be ordered ?

i was apprenty fitted a new one whch they happen to have in stock, did they really do that or was it juts cleaned out ?

The reason i ask is because my car suffered loss of power twice this week which i did not expect, after a new EGR was fitted a couple of weeks ago,,

Why fit new 1 should have cleaned it urself it's quite easy I'm thinking charged u £500 ish, cleaned it for spray that cost £5 and couple of hrs just looking at u can tell if it's new

• Like 1

Why fit new 1 should have cleaned it urself it's quite easy I'm thinking charged u £500 ish, cleaned it for spray that cost £5 and couple of hrs just looking at u can tell if it's new

Yes, that was around the figure.. would they really do that and claim they gave me a new one ?

Maybe should have told them to retain the old one so you could inspect it, it does belong to you after all.

It's going to be difficult to tell if it is a new one by now as carbon deposits will have already built up inside it.

Chances are if you do ask for the old one now it will have been disposed of.

• Like 1

I don't think they will spend time @ effort to clean it its easy to put new 1 on as they r charging u for it even if u ask them to clean it don't think they will do it they don't want to spend hrs cleaning it when can fit 1 in maybe 30 mins -1hr u should have asked for old 1 back dealers want easy way out by replacing new parts I cleaned mine about 1yr ago and it's ok at moment @ never use supermarket diesel it's rubbish I use shell v power, it gives more power engine is quiter and good for egr,dpf aswell

I had mine done some months ago. They fitted a new valve and an improved stainless steel tube. I had cleaned mine two or three times but found the valve stem was worn and I presume not sealing correctly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links