Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Suspension Question

I noticed today that my RX is slightly higher on one side at the front, by about 2cm.

It's on a fairly fiat gravel drive.

Is this normal?

If not should my Lexus warranty cover it?

Any thoughts most welcome...

I noticed today that my RX is slightly higher on one side at the front, by about 2cm.

It's on a fairly fiat gravel drive.

Is this normal?

If not should my Lexus warranty cover it?

Any thoughts most welcome...

I've given up wondering why some days mine is the same both sides, and other days there's a slight difference. It's been like that for ages.

• Like 1

I noticed the same 'problem' when the driver's seat started getting more worn on the one side as I kept seating askew because of the suspension 'tilt'.

You can adjust/recalibrate this with the Toyota/Lexus Techstream software - but it is incredibly long winded!

So much so, I haven't attempted it!

It involves working out how much the car is out of alignment by measuring from points on the suspension by the wheel rotor to the top of the strut, and then subtracting from the factory values for the car's technical manual for ride height as designed, then inputting this value per wheel into the air suspension computer.

For a trained technician whose a dab hand at this, it's no more than 30mins work. For a normal Lexus tech, maybe 1.5hrs and me probably half a day!!! No parts or screwdrivers required tho.

If you have £100-150 burning a hole in the pocket, head to the dealer!

Out of interest, just because car is like this when you get in, are you sure it doesn't level when the engine starts?

A way to check (Lexus workshop manual info) is to take car somewhere really flat, leave car in neutral with hand and foot brakes off and engine running, put height control to Hi, wait until it adjusts, then put height control to Normal, wait for it to adjust, then hop out and look at the stance and gap between wheel and wheel-arch.

Let us know how you get on!

Chris.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I noticed the same 'problem' when the driver's seat started getting more worn on the one side as I kept seating askew because of the suspension 'tilt'.

Rx 400's don't have air suspension....but my seat is the same and I also feel I'm sitting askew ?

Q. Can the air suspension be adjusted using the adjust button, whilst the car is moving?

I sometimes adjust the height of mine when I'm moving, but I believe it goes back to normal after you reach 25 mph.

• Like 1

Yes you can adjust the height whilst driving. In high mode it will automatically go back to normal once speed goes over a certain speed - I think this is a lower speed than with the LS, something around 20 mph.

You can select low mode at any time or the vehicle will automatically go into low mode once your speed is above 60 mph.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links