Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was working on the brakes having to use a hammer to diasassemble !!

When I started the car the display screen was blank.. totally dead. The switches below were also dead and not showing any illumination. The aircon was still blowing, and the radio/cd still works.

I can't turn the aircon off.

I've checked the fuses which seem applicable and all are ok.

I took the centre console out but all the connectors seemed ok.

The clock is ok, and airbag warning sign works.

I've disconnected the Battery, and on reconnection the only change was the fan speed was lower, which I can't change without the screen working.

Has anyone else had this ? The car is a 55 plate IS220d.

Coincidence ... theres no reason why working on the brakes should affect the screen (sat nav) but there a few things that you could try....(you may have caught a wire when hammering and caused a short?)

1. Disconnect the Battery for a long period (overnight) then re-connect.

2. Have the car OBD scanned - it may indicate an issue connected to the fault but in having already disconnected the Battery you may have cleared down the faults

3. There is a diagnostic sequence you can apply that checks out the audio / sat nav system - I cant remember it off hand (think its turning your lights on 3 times in a row in quick succession) there is a topic on the forum describing how.

4. Make sure you have checked the correct fuses - there are quite a few in the car - the user manual shows their locations.

If you were using force when hammering then its wuite possible (maybe) that you have dislodged a fuse in its seat - check these are all tight..

Although the lights were not illuminated on the switches under the sreen they did work and bleeped. I have now disconnected overnight but there was no change.

I took the car to the dealership this morning but noticed when explaining the problem to the technician that the buttons had stopped working.

They had the car all day but only came up with 'multiscreen needs replacing' at £2200 !!!!

If anyone has any ideas ....

Thanks

thats not what you want to hear.

you can buy individual modules for that sat nav on eBay, (rather than the whole unit). just check what p/n of the module is on your system and get the same one.

It has a screen module, dvd module and a radio/mark levinson module.

It a big job but better than paying 2k, you need to find out which module is broken of course., could be the display part.

U want a bet?? I'm happy enough to do a speed run if someone wants there screen swapped out? It's not rocket science, ive been building pc's for over 15 years same process applies... I would start with a screen swapped then take it from there, i might still have my old screen kicking about, the touch function doesn't work butnscreen still displays image if u wanting to try it out in your car before splashing out on a new one.

seriously, I would like to see you take out a navi unit, swap over the display control board sub PCB 462461-4600-1 onto it and put it back in again, in 40 minutes.

good luck with that, I don't believe you, and my background is Electronics. People need to be realistic on these forums and not talking waffle.

31XpBuGXzdteSiV3IABJdOxyj3mhD9s4szuMEgY4

UqHznh63W251cj8ZtyXyM7FIi-UmyHSE6IACdPmV

aPssa_lpsucW5IPpqv-D1j1_5LH1QjaYDoD2Sx14

jj9NL4QMZ69ZEiKwRGwO_63yzmDgXpIlLwX5rzlQ

nk6KK5w1W2YtsDGmFDHIDzZ95kGeno2UerS1TII5

jbti7UARmr2ElY_nRpJiI2V5LlQwQ71DGmCo5gII

Hold on i thought we were talking about swapping the lcd screen not mess about with the PCB... I would agree in the PCB side but if ur doing straight forward screen swap then I stand by my 40min, I couldn't care less about what u think! Also note to anyones who's touch function stops working its not worth trying to repair the connector point as u have to chip away at the glass then try and use a conducted pen, easier to replace the display

Nice work toffie_pie for me the problem was the fkex cable where it joins the screen, u can see the 4 connector s under the glass, I did attempt to repair it but was pricing tricky and I didn't have the patience to let the conductive pen dry.. Given its a common fault with the screens I figured even if I managed to fix it what was stop prevent it happening again so just ordered a new screen.

• Like 1

thanks for everyone's help.

I think my problem is with the electronics. The screen is completely dead, so it's not just the 'touch' part that is not working. Sometimes the buttons under the screen work even though they are not illuminated, but pressing the 'auto' button for the climate control, now turns the radio on and off !!!!

I'm getting a complete unit off eBay, but not sure about the sat nav DVD. I don't know how to get mine out without the screen working !?

i think he cant get his disc out with a non functional unit, i could help you if you were close by. I would buy that module on my photo on the previous page and see does that work.

this is cheap enough

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS220-IS250-SAT-NAV-GPS-HEAD-UNIT-RADIO-DVD-CD-FIT-2005-2012-86111-53070-/221820910993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a58e7d91

the petrol and diesel differ in that the petrol uses auto recirculate, the diesel does not have a smog filter. You have a diesel so doesnt matter to you. :p

• 3 years later...

I know I am late to this party, but my screen has just gone. The dealer has quoted £2,300 (similar to this entry), obviously I don’t want to pay that much. How simple is it to replace the whole unit. If it is simple could someone list the steps, please.

My Lexus is long gone, have one of these now for over 2 years :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfVkKYncxsE

Dont pay 2,300 to anyone to fix that, I did mine myself - you need a new display and replace that with the broken one, job done. its about 3 /4 hours work not sure. I am in Southampton and have some free time over the next 2 weeks if you want me to help, just order a new display

Thank you for this!

The main function I am missing is the heating (typically it went as it got cold) and the screen clearance. It is easy enough to scrape and spray the outside, but the inside took multiple hot water bottles to warm the interior the other morning. Appreciate it doesn’t often get down to -10, but when it does it is missed.

• 5 months later...