Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I plan to get a Sanef Liber-t tag for a trip to France. Sanef website tells you to mount the tag behind the rear view mirror. Sanef website states this:

Some vehicles are known to have equipment in the mottled area such as rain sensors or automatic emergency braking sensors. E.g. Volvo XC60 / 90, some Mercedes.

The mottled / shaded area behind the rear view mirror will be free of any heat reflective metallic coating that is sometimes applied to the glass in the factory to reflect the sun and keep the car cool on a hot day. The tag must go in the mottled area as it is free of any heat reflective coating, so the signal to it is not blocked by the metallic coating on the glass.

In situations like this we have had it reported back to us by customers who have such vehicles that fixing the tag on the middle of the plastic casing of the equipment that is occupying the mottled/shaded area has been successful.

However our recommendation is that you contact your vehicle manufacture and ask them to key in your registration number and check if you have a heat reflective windscreen fitted, if you do then you should ask the dealer where in the screen your toll road tags should be positioned so it can be read if no mottled area has been provided for toll road tags.

My question is - will I have an issue with a RX450?

I asked Lexus about this for my RX350 and their reply is below. Out tag works well jus to the left of the mirror.

"I have referred your enquiry to our Technical Department and they have advised the transponder should be fitted on to a clear glass area. The black spots are the pattern in the rain sensor unit behind the mirror. We would recommend the transponder is fitted at least 10/20 mm lower than the top of the screen to prevent aerial interference."

I've got one and no problems on the 400h. I'm sure your 450h wont be any different as it doesn't have any metallic coatings or heated screen elements.

They are great and saved us loads of time from not queuing. Plus probably paid for itself in fuel saved.

I drive to and from Spain twice each year and have not had any problems in my E Class Estate.....you can even hold the tag in your hand and point it at the sensor !

Enjoy Continental motoring...it`s like our Sunday morning`s used to be once you are out of the cities.

Regards

John

I asked Lexus about this for my RX350 and their reply is below. Out tag works well jus to the left of the mirror.

"I have referred your enquiry to our Technical Department and they have advised the transponder should be fitted on to a clear glass area. The black spots are the pattern in the rain sensor unit behind the mirror. We would recommend the transponder is fitted at least 10/20 mm lower than the top of the screen to prevent aerial interference."

Thanks for the info guys. The response from the tech guys reads slightly contradictory to me - they say just below the top of the screen but in a clear glass area, but that puts it in the rain sensor area behind the mirror. So the black spotted area is ok?

I have been using mine without any problem having fixed it just to the rear- right of the rear view mirror in the mottled area. (Just wish it was universal for all toll roads throughout Europe!)

. Thanks for the confirmation Mark. It ties in with this recent reply from Sanef:

'The tag must be visible from above in the centre-top of the windscreen so that it can be detected by the barrier gantry at the toll plaza.

I would recommend positioning your tag towards the bottom edge of the mottled/shaded area near the rearview mirror on the drivers' side of the windscreen.'

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links