Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h Hard Suspension?

I've had my Is300h for several months now and my only criticism is the suspension. I find it much harder than my old IS250 and given my back problems(ex military, sky diving and motorcycle accident) I am finding it more and more uncomfortable. I don't want to go back to an IS250 so can anyone suggest a way of improving the ride?

I have got rid of those dreadful portenza tyres and now on michelins. They are a little better but the car still thumps and bangs on our crappy roads in Oxfordshire. The car has only done 20,000 miles.

Thanks for looking

Ray

• Like 1

In the wrong section mate, hopefully Colin can get it moved to the IS300h section.

Anyways - You could try higher profile tyres, although its best to check with the insurance company first.

Which IS trim have you got? If you have the Premier or F-Sport, you may have some luck moving to 17" or even 16" wheels. Personally I find the suspension very good - its great for handling, yet smooth enough to be comfortable.

You may have to move up to the RX for a smoother ride as the IS is pretty comfortable.

I have the Exec running on 17s but I think the ride is pretty decent. MUCH better than the CT I had which was just too firm. I have driven the Premier on 18s too and noticed the difference but I found it okay.

I have 17 " portenzas at 2.65 bar. It took me over a month to get the seat in the correct position for my back. (old age, abuse) 17s should be ok, try experimenting with the tyre pressure a little.

Regards.

Michael.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links