Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, a 300 mile round trip and I got a cracking example of the GS300.

54K, 15 years old, full LSH, black interior, immaculate in and out.

Only bugs are aircon needs a re-gas, passenger side front has a slow, and there is only 1 master key.

Other than that, so very happy! (i'll sort pictures out later)

Plans, apart from keep her in tip top shape. Figure out how to add in iPod control, and update the nav discs!

Can't afford much else!

Guy

• Like 1

Welcome to LOC B)

Sounds like a good motor you have found there.

You will probably need to check what map updates are available first to see if it is actually worth it from the one you have. 2009 was the latest available for my 2001 GS430 Sport, so not particularly great. You should be able to check on the link below.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

I found iPod solutions a bit thin on the ground, especially for satnav models, so switched to after market stereo on my old Gen 1 and 2 GS300's. Not got round to it yet on the 430.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

Cheers TF.

I (as you may have guessed by the user name) used to do a fair bit in the ICE market. Shall we call it a profitable hobby! I might do the same and swap the unit out eventually, will have a hunt around for a few bits and bobs for the meantime.

Yes need to see what version it's on, one of many little acclimatisation jobs to do!

2015-05-27%2013.30.45_zpspxyxzpuq.jpg

I just love wafting to work in the morings in this!

Just worlds apart from what I had been using...(Suzuki Wagon R+ GL 1.3....due to writing off the last "good" car)

• Like 1

Cheers TF.

I (as you may have guessed by the user name) used to do a fair bit in the ICE market. Shall we call it a profitable hobby!

That must be quite handy in these situations then :)

Don't suppose you know if there is definitely a bypass cable available for the satnav models? I ended up buying various leads/plugs to make up my own last time, would much prefer a plug and play out of the box cable.

Cheers TF.

I (as you may have guessed by the user name) used to do a fair bit in the ICE market. Shall we call it a profitable hobby!

That must be quite handy in these situations then :)

Don't suppose you know if there is definitely a bypass cable available for the satnav models? I ended up buying various leads/plugs to make up my own last time, would much prefer a plug and play out of the box cable.

So you'd think.

I'm going to have to study the pinouts and how the system actually works, I want to add my iPod 160Gb into the system but as you know it isn't as straight forward.

I need to work out all the ins and outs on the HU and amp, how the nav works, and see what can be done with exisiting "adapters" even if it is instead fo the CD changer and I have to codge something to use the stock amp.

Onto my 1 key issue, I have now bought a blank key blade for a locksmith to cut for me, and case and a 3 button remote on fleabay of about the same age and appearance as the one I have, lets hope it'll program into the car...£170 was the quote from Lexus near me.

I can live with the £18 spent so far.

Fingers crossed with the key, they are stupid money from the dealers for sure.

The pain with the satnav from a bypass perspective is the drivers speaker is controlled from the satnav computer, which is in the boot. So no quick access point from the amp for that speaker, as it heads off to the boot so it can speak over the music.

Fingers crossed with the key, they are stupid money from the dealers for sure.

The pain with the satnav from a bypass perspective is the drivers speaker is controlled from the satnav computer, which is in the boot. So no quick access point from the amp for that speaker, as it heads off to the boot so it can speak over the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Ok, would I be right in thinking that the drivers speaker is connected tot he outputs of two amplifiers (the main one behind the glovebox, and the one from the NAV unit in the boot) or, the more likely (stops backfeeding outputs with outputs) the nav unit has a dedicated input channel to the main amp, which allows for a "duck" of the main signal source CD/Radio etc on the driver's speaker for the voice to mix in at a suitable level.

I really need to find some comprehensive pinouts for this, and a load of time not mythered by her indoors or the kids!

I believe, the amp output is fed to the nav unit, and added to the nav output when appropriate. I can check the manual later to try and confirm, but I'm pretty sure the drivers speaker is routed via the boot.

Congratulations on the new car!!! Looks like you've found a good one there. Hope you enjoy it!!! I just got a 2001 GS430 3 weeks ago and am absolutely loving it, so effortless, smooth and powerful. The sat nav disc in mine is from 2008 so a previous owner must've updated it, was thinking of upgrading but if the newest you can get is from 2009 it doesn't seem worth it for 1 year.

I've just found this:

http://www.satnavdvd.co.uk/2012-lexus-toyota-gen1-navigation-map-update-disc-215-p.asp

Wonder if it might be worth it for £30??

Good find! my screen image doesn't quite look like any of those though....weird

Yeah, that looks interesting, and as you say, probably worth a punt for 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Closest image I have found (will have to take a pic) is like this but obviously the MkII headunit, mine has red "Caution" letters and a slightly different appearance.

hqdefault.jpg

For reference I have the CD version of the NAV system, and the "latest" update. Which is 1999 by the looks of it!

Hmmm, now if I can find a double din NAV HU that will allow me to add in the trip info i'd be overjoyed!.....looks doubtful though.

For reference I have the CD version of the NAV system, and the "latest" update. Which is 1999 by the looks of it!

Hmmm, now if I can find a double din NAV HU that will allow me to add in the trip info i'd be overjoyed!.....looks doubtful though.

Mine is the DVD version, they must've changed from CD to DVD sometime between 2000 and 2001.

That'll explain it, mine is definitely the widescreen version so the 2011/12 sat nav DVD should work, at least it'll be 4 years newer than it is now for £30!!!

So, a new problem.

I managed to source a used GS master key on fleabay, in the attempt to save me moolah on the "genuine" new dealer one.

I have managed to get it to code the remote to the car, but I am buggered if I can get the car into programming mode for the transponder.

I have a few questions, and yes I've searched.

The press and release the pedal instruction - to the floor, a light tap, how long between presses i.e pump the pedal or press release, move foot away press release....?

Gas pedal (Accelerator for us brits) to the floor or hit the kickdown switch?

The key i'm using as master is my black 3 button, it allows me to start the car so must have a TX chip in it as the security light goes out.

I just seem unable to get the light to stay off when i remove the working master (step 4)....ideas?

I have had massive problems upgrading my SAT NAV, I have the 2001 DVD version and nothing on the web or eBay works, I think it was a strange year and the 2002 is easy to get disks.

I am not willing to pay £300 on a update which goes to 2009, I would love to test mrdoofa's on my satnav :) as I am still in 2000

After reading some info about the security light looks like at some point my key has been coded as a valet or at least not master, the blade locks and unlocks everything but I can't code a new transponder. Weirdly though I could sort the remote programming out for the other key.

that's a clean looking GS you got there... regarding the sat nav update does the dvd update the maps as well as the graphic user interface or just the maps?

Noby, I believe it does do a firmware upgrade to the Sat nav, but you don't get a new interface, it still does not do post codes, but mrdoofa can confirm as he has the VERY RARE 2001 map update :)

that's a clean looking GS you got there... regarding the sat nav update does the dvd update the maps as well as the graphic user interface or just the maps?

:)

Yup inside is like it has never been used.

Can't comment on the updates, as i've only ever seen this version, but as already stated above i suspect it is more to do with maps and routing optimisations.

I have had massive problems upgrading my SAT NAV, I have the 2001 DVD version and nothing on the web or Ebay works, I think it was a strange year and the 2002 is easy to get disks.

I am not willing to pay £300 on a update which goes to 2009, I would love to test mrdoofa's on my satnav :) as I am still in 2000

It is simply just a lack of vehicle sold with that nav system which then directly relates to the number of used discs that become available on eBay.

You will not get full post code entry with the latest update.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links