Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Alloy Wheel Refurb And Paint

BamBam1

Hi Everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm getting my wheels refurbished and painted on Monday, and wondering what colour I should get them to do my wheels.

The car is in Cadoxtan slate, and the wheels are the standard 17 inch one's, the same as in the link below.

http://autopazar.co.uk/media/1817/Used_Lexus_Is_2007_Grey_Saloon_Diesel_Manual_for_Sale_in_London_UK.jpg

FYI, not my car sale ad, just a link to a pic o a is220d with the same colour and wheels.

Cheers

You can see what gunmetal looks like in my profile picture. Right click and view image for a better look. Brake dust doesn't show up easily, it looks a little meaner than standard, but not murdered out like black wheels can.

Note that some insurers fuss about anything other than default silver and charge a tenner extra, although my current one (AXA) does not.

• 8 months later...

We bought a set a Fox Black on the inside and shiny polished silver on the outside set of alloys inc a new set of nuts and locking wheel nuts £475.00 fitted. Reason, original 17 inch alloys far too corroded beyond repair. Even if repaired, corrosion would eat through the new paint as te problem is with the alloy material.