Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorcyclists?

Hi Pete, yes the vfr sounds great at 6k revs and over, I think I would prefer the b'mer over the newer vfr I just don't like the look of it.... ....the K100 I had was a lovely bike, done quite a bit of touring on it ,so smooth and comfy and pretty quick too, that flat 4 engine also saved my left leg when a car t'boned me at junction on the way to work one morning the car hit the bike so hard it buckled the back wheel on the bike and took the front of the car off writing off both vehicles, if I had been on the v'fer I reckon I might have been much more injured than I was, ah well .......

Allan

post-50134-0-76562100-1441656525_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, SamuelBrown said:

Hey Guys. anyone tell me if the motorcycle theory test contains the hazard perception part like the car theory test? Also has anyone got any tips ? I found some recommendations on https://www.easytheorytest.co.uk/practice-motorcycle-theory-test , but still have your real life experiences

It did when I did it around 17 years ago, I think they still do it for car and bike tests.

I rode bile for around 12 year, starting out learning on this Yamaha

Then after passing test in two months moved to the Honda NT650 Deauville

After another year moved on to the Honda ST1100 Pan European (ex Police) until selling it and giving up riding due to knee problems.

Old bike.jpg

New Bike.jpg

Bikesmall.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

What a good thread. Shame there's been a 4 year gap in posts. I've just found it. I started riding bikes at 12. My brother taught me at school playground lol. That was a Yamaha AS1 (apparently it was the very first one put on the streets of our fair country, only sold it about 6 years ago, oh bought new in 1968). My first bike was the Yamaha RD400D followed by XJ750. Had a Suzuki 250, KH400. Last bike was the FJ1200 which I had a few years till you know when you go out for a ride and you just know something is going to happen. Well it did I fell off it at speed. Was out of action a couple of weeks. Sold it to a m8 and that was that. I had 15 wonderful years of bikes and moved to cars and thats a totally different story lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh up Paul. Every bike I've either owned or riden, except the RD500LC stage 3 Stan Stevens tune, I've ride at full tilt. Yes the KH400 sounded incredible and I suppose it sounded slightly deeper than the 250 due to capacity difference. I miss the 80's and 90's but hey ho we get older.

Some of the best years of my life spent with motorcycles and motor cyclists.  Club member, participated in trials and enjoyed some of the racing events as well as the social side of the club. Had numerous bikes, British and Japanese.  Rode a Yamaha XJ900 to the City (London) for commuting  where I was working at the time. It was considered a despatch rider's mount then, that is before modern scooters became the model of choice.  The problem was those cars that were always in the way!

I am no longer a motorcyclist but as a car driver find it's the annoying  motor cyclists that are buzzing  around me. LOL.  Age and perception!

PS.  That reminds me I still have a later XJ900 Diversion in my garage.  Even though I have removed the panniers and top box, it is now too heavy for me,  not helped by it having the rare full fairing and my arthritis.  So I guess sadly, I will have to break this link with my former life and part with it some time.