Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I popped into Aldershot and made the mistake of using the car park there.

The entrance is at an angle so it's easy to drive in, but on coming out, the exit is adjacent and, of course, is at the same angle to the road.

Despite slowing right down and driving very carefully, the exit was too tight for my LS400. It required a very tight left turn just before the exit.

There were buffers with rollers on them so obviously whoever designed the exit knew there was a problem. This didn't stop the rollers from scuffing my paint work. AAAAAAAAAAAARgh! :angry:

Sue em!!!! simple as, do you have any witnesses to say that you were driving with due care? You should right an official letter to the owner of the car park, take photos etc, I did it with the local council, the road had a dip and my car ground out fracturing the sump, got a new engine out of em, it caused my sump to fracture thus oil ****** out and engine ceased,

That was on my volvo T5, so cost them a small fortune!!!

Bison :zee:

Nah!

The scuffs polished out after a few car washes though it could have been worse. I felt a slight bump as I grazed the post.

You've got the right attitude though. Local councils are useless and deserved to be constantly sued.

I take it you let your insurance company do the suing.

Actually I didn't have to sue them, a friend of mine is legally minded and wrote me a nice letter, the council soon offered to fix my car, they went through their insurance company who thried to argue with it but I had photos and witnesses so they knew they had to cough up!!

Regards Bison :zee: