Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Lights On Without Side/headlights

BillNick

Hi all

On my 200 I modified the fog light relay so that the fog lights would work on the OEM switch without needing the side lights switched on first. I then installed LEDs and run them as DRLs.

Can this be done on the 250?

Does the fogs power work on the stalk position or are the relays in series just like the 200?

It is illegal to use Fog Lights when it isn't foggy it is also dangerous as they blind on coming motorist. Why on earth do you want Fog lights to come on when it isn't foggy? If your answer to this is, I only use them when it is foggy then leave the wiring as it is as they are legally only used in conjunction with your with your other lights on the car hence they are wired that they only come on when the headlights are used. Mike.

• Like 1

I am aware of the laws surrounding fog lights and I wouldn't ever ignorantly blind other drivers.

I intend to swap the bulbs for LEDs which have far less glare so will not blind other drivers and run them as DRLs (like the Prius).

Of course I could use a harness from the internet but I wanted to operate them using the existing OEM switch.

I have been running like this for 3 years now in my IS200 passing many police cars along the way without being pulled over (whether its legal or not - it looks OEM).

Whilst most things are possible this is much more difficult that with the series I IS where there the switch directly controls the relay. With the series II the switch signal is fed into an ECU which controls the fog light relay based on the switch position and other factors including the state of the headlights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links