Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Edgeware Road - Pi**taking Valuations

rayaans

So, basically liked a car on their website. Reasonably priced and exactly the spec I wanted so thought id send an email.

All good, got an email from them 5 minutes later and we both agreed the car was up to scratch.

Now, I have a car to P/X. Bear in mind the car I want to P/X got a £3800 valuation on Webuyanycar.com and after putting the stone chips and scuffed wheels on (no other damage) this went down to £3500 which I thought was reasonable.

I showed Lexus Edgeware Road. £2550!!! WTF? They were like "oh its a fair price, if you show your car to webuyanycar.com theyll give you the same, any Lexus dealer wont give you more than £2550". Well, thats great I thought, I'll show it to my local Lexus dealer tomorrow - they're offering £3300 with all the damage, its just a shame they don't have that particular colour combo in stock.

Anyways - I realise that they may make some money off the P/X and give me a better deal on the car itself - how wrong was I? They said "oh we dont have £1000's in our cars, they're priced well anyway". Having a copy of the CAP book, the trade value was £4k lower than what they put it at and that's fine - they can have some profit, no problems there but they were completely ignorant to any haggling, wanting the full asking price and not playing ball. Besides, its not like I was asking for £1000's off anyway, only a £1000 which is reasonable.

They refused to change my number plate over to the car and wouldn't deliver to my house either!

Then, you have the salesmen. Dont know where they come from but they use awkward tactics eg. "this car wont be here long at this price", "no dealer will give you more than £500 off a used car", "ill find a cheaper car without leather or navigation then at that price", "you wont get more than this for your car at any dealer" etc etc. Im a Doc , I know what you're trying to do with these psychological tactics and yeah, you can have a crack at it but don't use all the tricks in the book in less than 10 minutes - it just makes me angry!

****** me off to a point where I thought screw it. They can get all of their Lexus and stick them where the sun dont shine.

I am now starting to see a lot of Lexus models on the roads which proves the brand is now selling quite well in UK mainly the hybrid models so could this be why most Lexus branches have stopped doing good deals or going the extra mile for customers and giving good customer service? there has been a few members of late who have had unsatisfactory service from Lexus dealers. maybe they just don't care as they used to anymore.. just like BMW dealers regardless of how they treat a customer there will always be a queue at their doors.

Sounds just like apple.com all they ever want to do is sell you new stuff by withdrawing support for the older models like operating system updates and making the new stuff incompatible with older models forcing you to upgrade. Like you with the Lexus they can get stuffed when my macbook finally fails I'll be back to a PC, apple stuff is overpriced, these days unreliable complete with rubbish support.

Sounds just like Apple.com all they ever want to do is sell you new stuff by withdrawing support for the older models like operating system updates and making the new stuff incompatible with older models forcing you to upgrade. Like you with the Lexus they can get stuffed when my macbook finally fails I'll be back to a PC, Apple stuff is overpriced, these days unreliable complete with rubbish support.

Complete opposite I'd say. You get a good product and excellent support with apple, not with Lexus dealers.

apple doesn't force anybody to upgrade. Your system continues to work the same as the day you purchased it. If you want to use the latest software you have to keep the hardware up to date, that way the complete system doesn't have years and years of legacy code in it weighing it down like Windows.

I am now starting to see a lot of Lexus models on the roads which proves the brand is now selling quite well in UK mainly the hybrid models so could this be why most Lexus branches have stopped doing good deals or going the extra mile for customers and giving good customer service?

Lexus marketshare is around 0.5% in the UK and have been for the last couple of years. Before then it was low, down to 0.3% but 2006 - 2007 were the best years with around 0.7% marketshare so I don't think it is the case there are more on the roads.

Quality from Lexus dealers has certainly dropped over the years though.

I fully agree, their service is not what it's cracked up to be. I was told by many people that Lexus was top notch in keeping their customers happy, clearly not anymore. A quick buck is all they want. Then balls to any problems the customer has.

Purchased my first Lexus in April and the dealer experience has been pretty poor. Happy with the car, but the dealer left a lot to be desired.

I can live with the service being at best average if the car is cheap and the servicing reasonable, but they are selling a premium product and charging for it. My dealings with Audi and VW dealers have been better and with the extended service intervals taken into account a fair bit cheaper

Sounds just like Apple.com all they ever want to do is sell you new stuff by withdrawing support for the older models like operating system updates and making the new stuff incompatible with older models forcing you to upgrade. Like you with the Lexus they can get stuffed when my macbook finally fails I'll be back to a PC, Apple stuff is overpriced, these days unreliable complete with rubbish support.

Complete opposite I'd say. You get a good product and excellent support with apple, not with Lexus dealers.

apple doesn't force anybody to upgrade. Your system continues to work the same as the day you purchased it. If you want to use the latest software you have to keep the hardware up to date, that way the complete system doesn't have years and years of legacy code in it weighing it down like Windows.

The difference with apple is that they use child labour, have measures to prevent suicide within the vast workforce, treat their staff like dogs, pay them a pittance and cover it all up with glossy, glittery shops with lots of young trendy people with very white teeth. So it's a shame the excellent support doesn't exist within the factory.

The difference with apple is that they use child labour, have measures to prevent suicide within the vast workforce, treat their staff like dogs, pay them a pittance and cover it all up with glossy, glittery shops with lots of young trendy people with very white teeth. So it's a shame the excellent support doesn't exist within the factory.

Do you know that for a fact or have you just been reading poorly researched pieces from the media, specifically mentioning apple to drive traffic to their piece?

Considering Apply don't employ factory workers, other than a few in the US manufacturing the Mac Pro, it is going to be a bit difficult for them to carry out the claims mentioned. If you are talking about the sub-contractors that actually manufacture the products then they use the same companies as pretty much every other PC manufacturer, exception being that apple actually investigate working conditions and pressure those companies to improve conditions.

If only Lexus actually knew what was happening to their prestigious brand name here in the UK.............

There have always been complaints, and you will always see a negative stance on an Internet forum where owners typically come to vent frustration but I do believe it is getting worse. Even Lexus GB themselves don't provide a very good customer experience whenever you need their assistance.

Do you know that for a fact or have you just been reading poorly researched pieces from the media, specifically mentioning apple to drive traffic to their piece?

Considering Apply don't employ factory workers, other than a few in the US manufacturing the Mac Pro, it is going to be a bit difficult for them to carry out the claims mentioned. If you are talking about the sub-contractors that actually manufacture the products then they use the same companies as pretty much every other PC manufacturer, exception being that apple actually investigate working conditions and pressure those companies to improve conditions.

No, I'm taking it from a Chinese friend, but mostly from a recent Panorama reporting on the apple empire.

I have 11 years of experience with Lexus Bradford and 3 years with Lexus Stockport. Both are very good. I did go to Lexus Manchester as well, they are equally brilliant but they weren't as competitive as Stockport or Bradford on pricing but of course that depends on the car.

I would highly recommend the RRG group. Jason and Gino are awesome at Stockport. Bradford have just got new sales people and they are very good, young and inexperienced but they are more human than other dealers I've come across. They're prices are quite competitive and sometimes the cheapest on the Lexus website but they also give good discounts and a fair value for a P/X.

In all hi nest, I was expecting RRG group service from Edgeware Road which is part of Jemca, whom I have only had dealings with Lexus Sidcup who were good. I guess I expected too much as Edgeware road has tactics akin to Arnold Clark!!

I guess what really did it for me was the salesman's cheek in even saying £2550 for P/X. I know I'm going to lose money by P/X and that doesn't bother me too much but when my local dealer says £3300, then it's just trying to rip you off. It's not a "fair" price at all considering I could easily sell privately for £4.2k and they'd probably make £5k off it

For my last 3 Lexus I have dealt with Lexus Bolton another RRG garage and have always been treated very well whenever I visit. Previous to these 3 cars I bought 2 from Lexus Chester another great dealership.

Hi Guys. I'm new to the Lexus brand and bought a Used CT200h from Lincoln Lexus on Thursday this week. i have to say the customer service was great as i have come from Audi,s.

I got £500 of the sticker price and half price 2 year extended warranty. Very pleased.

Hi Guys. I'm new to the Lexus brand and bought a Used CT200h from Lincoln Lexus on Thursday this week. i have to say the customer service was great as i have come from Audi,s.

I got £500 of the sticker price and half price 2 year extended warranty. Very pleased.

Welcome :)

You got two years warranty for £250, that is a good deal.