Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheel Refurb But Can Still See Pitting!

Hi all,

I have just had my alloy wheels refurbed and they were a mess before with really bad pitting. I got them back and even though they look amazing you can still see some pitting! Is this normal?

The guy said they were really bad and filling the pitting would just come off in time....?

Has anyone had similar once they have had there wheels done?

had mine re-furbed last week and they look perfect

sounds dodgy - how can pitting just disappear ?

The guy just said the pitting was really bad that the could not use loads of filler to cover it. So a couple of spokes have little pin like dimples in.

If that's the case how come a filled car body panel doesn't have pits after repair, if the paint starts peeling in 6 months will he say that's because of the pitting too?

If you'e not happy take them back and get him to do the job again,properly this time or ask for your money back.

If the wheels were that bad before the job was done he should have said so then giving you the option of finding a better set to have refurbished.

Assuming it's powder coated, yes you'll get that to some degree.

If it were a serious concern, you could have had them sand / fill / sand them before hand, but you'd have been without your wheels for an extra day. When I had mine done they were very upfront about this, but the end result isn't noticeable unless I really study them, less of an impact than the dust that accumulates over a journey.