Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

I've been tracking rc-f prices over 12 months now since before and after I got mine. Seem to be holding steady other than the one black one that hit 34 for a couple of months and went back up. 

@Comedian Sean I sadly some may say quite enjoy tracking the prices of 'F' cars and I agree with you entirely they certainly have steadied and in my opinion quite justifiably so.

No doubt you are still enjoying yours and I can see you live in the best county in England IMO 😇

Brought up there for a while as a child fond memories, come back frequently now for an interest and friends visits some great driving roads.

Big Rat

Difficult to track prices. I’ve always found the most accurate representation of a vehicle’s worth is the WeBuyAnyCar website. Try typing in some of the details of the RCFs currently for sale on Autotrader. Bit frightening.

Big rat, sort of ended up here but I like the low population density and house prices. Just don't tell anyone....

Flyvtr - I looked at webuy before I bought mine to calculate what deal I might get but the dealer showed me the paperwork from previous trade in as we couldn't get close enough based on my numbers from webuy. Webuy was miles out from what dealer had paid for the trade in. Without knowing how their algorithms work it's difficult to know if they can cope with an unusual car.

Not only that but rc-f are disappearing off auto trader at current prices. Not knowing what deals are done but doubt it's much off. I wanted blue with black interior and not seen one since. Took ages to find one.

I can only assume rcf is propped up with the logic of isf price. Have you looked what an 08 isf on webuy is? Might be telling?

I'm surprised by the prices, I had expected more to pop below 40 by now. The low mileage one in Sheffield has been for sale since 45k about a year ago.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I just checked the WBAC price for the cheapest IS-F, an 08 plate, for sale privately at £11k. WBAC quoted approx £8k. I'd imagine that is pretty close to what a dealer would offer for that vehicle.

The lowest it has ever been was basic white RC-F with black interiour and yellow wrap for £32k. It was actually great price for 10k miles car, but it had absolutely no options... no-TDV, no sunroof, no radar cruise... it had ML but that is hardly an option on RC-F.

My point ... the price still goes down by about £500/month (about the same as monthly payment for the car so we all can assume that we have it on lease, without paying anything :D).RC-F carbon as well went down quite a bit in last few months. The cheapest one was £41k in summer, not dropped to £37k.

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

The lowest it has ever been was basic white RC-F with black interiour and yellow wrap for £32k. It was actually great price for 10k miles car, but it had absolutely no options... no-TDV, no sunroof, no radar cruise... it had ML but that is hardly an option on RC-F.

My point ... the price still goes down by about £500/month (about the same as monthly payment for the car so we all can assume that we have it on lease, without paying anything :D).RC-F carbon as well went down quite a bit in last few months. The cheapest one was £41k in summer, not dropped to £37k.

I agree.

Problem is that despite the small number of RCFs out there, there are so few people that know what an RCF is and even fewer who would consider buying one. Those in the know will just sit and wait. I've said before that it won't be long before RCFs are sub £30k.

BTW, I am far from RCF bashing, I just see that it suffers from the same issues as the ISF :(

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I agree.

Problem is that despite the small number of RCFs out there, there are so few people that know what an RCF is and even fewer who would consider buying one. Those in the know will just sit and wait. I've said before that it won't be long before RCFs are sub £30k.

BTW, I am far from RCF bashing, I just see that it suffers from the same issues as the ISF :(

.... and this is the main reason I would never buy one. You will always lose money one one no matter what price you buy at because there is such little demand for them. 

You lose money on every car you can buy, bar something exotic or very old.

Here is the thing about money though - it can be replaced, it's not a real thing, in fact it's not money it's a fiat currency, but that's a whole different topic.

What you can't replace and have less and less of........... is time.

A friend of mine (fit and healthy) recently got home from work and dropped dead from a stroke aged 48. 

You just don't know. SO saying I'll never do this or never do that............you might be right. And then you'll be dead, for a very very very long time. 

Unless you believe in heaven, then you'll be dead and disappointed.

To a point I agree but you can buy sensibly. My money in one car funds the next. I bought and sold my isf for the same price after almost 3 years of ownership. I sold my Evora at a 2k loss over 2 years of ownership and o believe an m3 e92 will have little loss as well. Clearly I modified my cars and that was a sunk cost .

Its important to have fun but decisions can still be made to minimise losses while maintolaonit fun factor. 

• Like 1

I was being a little dramatic, apologies. 

Yes I agree, you're correct, you can buy sensibly, I have done so in the past. Sensibly all I need for the driving I do is a 1ltr car or maybe a Prius. If I didn't need to carry stuff a scooter would do me. So what you call sensible a more sensible person may disagree. So it's opinion, context and perspective.

Then I thought........**** it  I want a pointless, overpriced, devaluing, low demand, heavy, fuel guzzling V8 - I can't explain it. It's like someone wanting a horse I suppose. Unless you're herding cattle I don't see the point of those either. It's about pleasure, what gives you that pleasure and what you're prepared to pay for it. I like Lexus and wouldn't consider a BMW - having said that Lexus is going a way I'm not keen on, I struggle to find ANY car I really like these days. I did consider getting another really really good MR2 purely for cheap fun.

I hope you get what you want and enjoy it. I think worrying abut depreciation spoils the enjoyment. I've been through the mileage/parking/damage anxiety and have now decided to just use it and let whatever happens happen and am enjoying the car much more. Value be dammed.

And another thing!....... :wink3: When a smoker friend tells me something is a waste of money:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Documents/Smoking calculator.html

5 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

To a point I agree but you can buy sensibly. My money in one car funds the next. I bought and sold my isf for the same price after almost 3 years of ownership. I sold my Evora at a 2k loss over 2 years of ownership and o believe an m3 e92 will have little loss as well. Clearly I modified my cars and that was a sunk cost .

Its important to have fun but decisions can still be made to minimise losses while maintolaonit fun factor. 

Spotted an E55 AMG on eBay the other day, seems to have sold now but thats probably a good investment. Only had about 40k miles on it, was in a lovely burgundy colour which was nice compared to the usual silver ones. 

Also spotted a Phoenix Yellow M3 SMG - good investment those at the minute. 

C55 prices seem to be going up and older, looked after M5s as well. 

• Like 1

Yep. Can't fight the nostalgia factor.

I think we mentioned that earlier in the topic. Lexus unlikely to stimulate the nostalgia response for a long time. The bottom has to be hit and cars abandoned scrapped and written off etc to make a good common car a rare sought after classic. Grant me the power of hindsight!!

I sold my Porsche 996Turbo for 29k 2.5 years ago it was a desirable manual good speck there going for about 40-50k now.

Still happy with the Lexus though.

Its not always about the money as others have said.

Big Rat

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I sold my Porsche 996Turbo for 29k 2.5 years ago it was a desirable manual good speck there going for about 40-50k now.

Still happy with the Lexus though.

Its not always about the money as others have said.

Big Rat

I read this ^ as -

"I used to go out with a great girl. She was gorgeous, intelligent and rich. I dumped her as I fancied a change. I saw her the other day and she still looks amazing - actually better than before. I'm now single and live in Merthyr Tydfil with my two budgies and a cat, but I have no regrets:yahoo:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I read this ^ as -

"I used to go out with a great girl. She was gorgeous, intelligent and rich. I dumped her as I fancied a change. I saw her the other day and she still looks amazing - actually better than before. I'm now single and live in Merthyr Tydfil with my two budgies and a cat, but I have no regrets:yahoo:

This is the life I live every day 

• Haha 1

I've stopped worrying about depreciation for sure now....

According to my avg consumptions and predicted average price of fuel for next 10 years. 100000 miles of use is 30k petrol, 7k servicing, 5k tax.

I wish I hadn't done that. Especially after what I was saying earlier in the thread...... Ooops.

It's like saying do you want the rc-f and work for 10 years or a prius and have a free year off work !!!!

I don't know what would be more boring though. A prius or a year off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links