Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

Hi all,

New to the forum and new to RC-F ownership so Hi to all

I've been reading a number of threads on here with a great deal of interest.  I have to say I'm delighted that I'm now owning a car that polarises opinion! 

I've just come out of ownership of 3 years of a C63 and whilst some on here have already testified, it is a great car, yes probably is quicker from the low to mid range, but I've realised that I was taking pleasure in my C63 from the comfort of external opinions, nods, glances which were all positive, taking comfort in the fact it was widely lauded as being one of the best V8's you can buy, but as I've got over that excitement through ownership, I've realised it also is very much about the experience of the interior too and with that I was bored with the C63.

Personally I think the interior in the Lexus is fantastic, and the build quality far superior to the C63.  Equally I'd discounted an M3 due to a boring and lacklustre interior.  The Lexus just has that little bit extra pazzaz that I've felt has been missing from owning a C63.  I enjoyed the attention I got in the Merc, but having now moved to the RC-F can see far more interest from people in this car due to it's rarity.  As others have said I see no reason why that wouldn't contribute to a stabilisation and potential increase in value, when most owners acknowledge the car grows on you. 

I'm bored to be honest with what I feel are journo's fixations on track driving, lap times round the ring, when we all drive cars on the road 99% of the time, and our experience of our cars is how they make us feel, and the emotion they generate both by their exterior but also interior look and feel.  The driving experience is subjective, but any 450bhp coupe is going to feel fast up to "normal" road speeds. 

I've had just as much interest in the car, with the looks, glances and question marks in peoples heads over what it is, then reminded myself I'm also sat in just an exclusive and fresh environment on the inside with gasps when they realise Lexus made V8's.  You don't get that owning a BMW or a Merc!

As I say the pull for me is the surprise the car gives me and others on the perceived opinions of what a Lexus "is"

Enjoying the experience so far!

Cheers

Matt

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, there seems to be new trend. All of RC-F are pretty much gone... well all but 2 below £40k and both are completely basic with "no nothing" - I do not consider ML as option as pretty much all came with it, but no ACC/PCS, no TVD, no Sunrood. And the rest are all RC-F Carbon. Whereas few month ago it was like 15 standard RC-F, 5 of which below 40k and just a few 3-4 Carbon ones well above 40k, now it is more like 10 Carbon and only few standard ones. But that seems to have driven Carbon prices little bit down. It almost seems like owners swapped from Carbon to standard RC-F for winter :biggrin:

Yeah - at the start of the year, there was a premium of about £4,000 for a 2015 M4 over an RC-F.

If we exclude the private sale M4 on AT, that premium has closed to £1,750. Prices seem to be firming up.

completely basic with "no nothing" - I do not consider ML as option as pretty much all came with it, but no ACC/PCS, no TVD, no Sunrood.

You're right ML is an option but it's on every car. It's a matter of taste, that is exactly what I wanted. I see all those things you listed as negative or pointless.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Completely agree.. taste thing. I personally think TVD is the best of them, but at the same time it is the only one which I would not miss. Kind of counter intuitive - it would be very nice to have it, but at the same time you would need to be on the track to really push car to the limits to benefit from having it... and if I would want track performance I would not look to RC-F anyway.

ACC/PCS is important for me personally, because I would use car as daily which means quite a lot of busy motorway journeys, so it kind of key option for me. Secondly, I might be just me, but the only complaint about my current car is lack of sunroof, I really enjoyed sunroof on my previous IS250 F-Sport (and generally any car)... and to be honest it would be even better if it would have entire glass roof... that would be "must have" for me... I don't want it to even open to let that dirty air in.. but sunroof is key. All completely personal of course.

That is kind of the reason why I consider RC-F carbon inferior car by any means - it doesn't even have option of sunroof (because roof is carbon ... wooohooo), the seats are maybe of recycled plastic bags (a.k.a alcantara which 100% polyester). Not to mention it doesn't even look good in my personal opinion, but what is more important it doesn't reduce weight which is the only reason to have CF in first place...  really don't understand that car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

you would need to be on the track to really push car to the limits to benefit from having it...

May I suggest that the next time you're behind the wheel of a TVD equipped car, flick it into "Slalom" mode before entering and exiting any small or medium sized (and clear!) roundabout. You might be pleasantly surprised.....

• Like 1

You might have misunderstood me... I think TVD is brilliant and it would be nice to have, but are you saying that I would not like taking the same corner in RC-F without TVD? I would still like it even without TVD, no doubt TVD would still be better... but by how much? Would it be possible to quantify it, would it be worth waiting forever for car with right spec + TVD to come-up for sale... maybe... But TVD would be the first option I would sacrifice on RC-F... I would not be able to live without sunroof.... it would be very hard to pick car without ACC/PCS. I would rather take car in less favorite colour both inside and out rather than sacrifice sunroof or ACC/PCS... However, I would quite happily sacrifice TVD.

Just personal priorities...

Forgive me if I have misunderstood you Linas, but I was just suggesting that the benefits of the TVD can be felt on the roads at moderate speeds, and not necessarily when the car is pushed to its limits on a racetrack.

That is great to know, though what one would considerate "moderate speeds" other would call dangerous and inconsiderable driving. I like little bit spirited driving and I am often going at "moderate speeds", so I know exactly what you mean and I would enjoy that moment on the roundabout.... However, equally I would enjoy having sunroof 50% of time and having ACC/PCS 50% which makes them more important options for me. If I could have all 3 then it is perfect, but if I would need to choose I would choose latter two over TVD.