Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold Air Intake Kit On Ebay

Lexusist

I shipped a Lexus f sport induction from a US dealer for my 2006 is250. Not cheap but I wanted to keep it oem! I've had it on the car for 9 months now and the sound is great, far more throaty/loud than I had expected from a Lexus oem. It's quite addictive! Planning to move up to an ISF imminently so will probably remove from car and return to stock before sale, just in case it puts anyone off, although some would love it! 

I was considering getting the F-Sport intake at some point, for exactly the same reason. Is it louder than stock at all times or only when accelerating hard? I love the fact that I can barely hear the engine when cruising and wouldn't want to lose that.

The engine is still quiet when cruising, it's only at 3500-4000 rpm when it would starts to sound aggressive. Motorway cruising is pretty much similar to stock as it's only running at 2500 rpm. Hard acceleration on motorway or from stationary is when it's most prominent. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

most on here seem to be of the opinion it doesn't add any extra horses just a bit more noise. the stock intake is very efficient pulling in the cold air from just under the bonnet lip. you can change the filter which makes economic sense if nothing else. Mine is now a turbo, so no precats and I had the main cat taken out and have a powerflow back box. even with the massive K & N intake and wastegate it still sounds nice and not loud like some of the boy racer brigade. At the end of the day is a Lexus and for me I would not want it to sound like a hot hatch with a drainpipe exhaust you see and hear so many of. Go for a custom system so you can choose the level of sound it will be worth it. As for induction, I would spend your money elsewhere on enhancements.

• 1 month later...

Having recently purchased an ISF I will now be selling my lexus F sport intake. It was purchased from a US Lexus main dealer on eBay back in March 2015. Sensible offers considered. Paid about £300 in total.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links