Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Estimated Time For Repairs - Infiniti

DamerEX

Hi. I was previously a Gold member of LOC when I had my IS's and RX.

3 years ago I switched and got an Infiniti EX30d GT Premium.

Was very happy with my Lexi (Lexus's?), but wanted a change. My Infiniti I liked too.

Almost 3 weeks ago my Infiniti was side swiped by a lorry on A1(M) when my wife was driving the kids home from a Christening. The Lorry didn't stop, and Highways Agency took 1 hour and 20 minutes to find them. Therefore no chance of catching the tw@t who did it. My car has lane departure warning and auto correct if you do drift, so it defo wasn't my wife fault.

It caused considerable damage to the entire passenger side of the car. Luckily neither wife or kids were hurt but were very shook up.

Car has now been in garage for almost 3 weeks and still NONE of the replacement parts have arrived.

Am I being grumpy if I moan to my insurers about having to drive around in a 1.2l 3 cylinder city car instead of my 3.0l V6?

The Infiniti Owners Club seems to be devoid of any activity hence why I have popped back here.

Ta

If you are using the repairer that the insurers decided then you should be contacting them to get things moving.

Have you phoned any Infiniti dealers to ask them about availability of the parts? At least you would then have some idea of timescale.

Do they say where they have ordered from? Do Nissan have a UK customer service line for Infiniti? If so it might be an idea to call them to see what the lead-in time should be.

After speaking with the garage, and then in turn my local Dealership, I am now being reassured that the missing parts have now arrived, and should be collected by garage tomorrow.

Hopefully within the next 24/48 hours I might have my car back.

Update - Now been told by garage that almost all parts had arrived, even though I spoke to the parts manager at the Main Dealer who said everything order had now arrived and was just awaiting collection.

I am now being told that as the wheels have to be refurbished off site, that alone will take 5 working days.

Looks like another week (at least) until I get my car back.