Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Timing Belt And Etc...

John Lee

Hi all,

I was told that besides changing the timing belt, one also needs to change 3 other belts on the engine, such as the alternator belt, fan belt....

For the 3 other belts, I can see the size number : 3PK900, 4PK9?0 and 4PK1070. But I cannot ascertain the timing belt size unless I took out those engine covers.

Can some kind soul provide me the sizes of the belts as well as the TOYOTA parts numbers. I have also noticed that the belts are maunufactued by MITSUBOSHI (not mitsubishi ;-) ).

thanks

Can't give you the Toyota part number for the cambelt, but as far as I know they are manufactured by Gates, and their part no. is 5282XS. Hope this helps.

GATES AUTO MASTER

5282XS

39129x27HSN

Toyota (Japan) CHASER/CRESTA

2.0 - GX81 /90 88-

CROWN 2.0 - GS130/136V 89-

SUPRA 2.0 - GA70 89-90

franmac

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I was told that besides changing the timing belt, one also needs to change 3 other belts on the engine, such as the alternator belt, fan belt....

For the 3 other belts, I can see the size number : 3PK900, 4PK9?0 and 4PK1070. But I cannot ascertain the timing belt size unless I took out those engine covers.

Can some kind soul provide me the sizes of the belts as well as the TOYOTA parts numbers. I have also noticed that the belts are maunufactued by MITSUBOSHI (not mitsubishi ;-) ).

thanks

Hi John,

You are planning to change your timing belt?. According to BM, our timing belt will last up to 150,000km

You are planning to change your timing belt?. According to BM, our timing belt will last up to 150,000km

There have been 'issues' with IS200 timing belts failing WAY before their due date.

Dealer tech recently showed me one he was doing - looked worryingly frayed!!

Warned me to keep an eye on mine - not easy to get a look at though.

You are planning to change your timing belt?.  According to BM, our timing belt will last up to 150,000km

There have been 'issues' with IS200 timing belts failing WAY before their due date.

Dealer tech recently showed me one he was doing - looked worryingly frayed!!

Warned me to keep an eye on mine - not easy to get a look at though.

Well, have them to check at 125,000 or 130,000km to play safe.